• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch recall

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
Good news! Dealer just called, my sled is ready to pick up. Updated P-22 has been installed along with all shrapnel shields. Just in time, next week we could get a couple of storms, enough to go give it a first ride! Although it was a five month wait, Polaris knew all that mattered was getting it to me before the snow came down 😁

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Swung by the dealer today to grab this year's supply of belts and oil, and check on the status of the 9r. They just got a shipment of clutches, some e-start ones included. Mine is scheduled to get the fix on Tuesday, then I can finally take it home.

Also he mentioned a slave bolt that they'll include that you torque to install the clutch, then remove and install the actual clutch bolt separately at a different torque spec, first I've heard of that.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
New extra belt guard will make it a pain to swap belts on the hill.
Can we discuss this new belt guard a bit?

While I think it's a decent bolt on addition, it's sure a pain in the ass to pull and reinstall, and adds more stuff that can fall down into the clutch area. Also its mounting attachments are one more thing to hit the back of your hands on while changing belts.

How many people will run vs. toss this thing? Were there issues with the secondary that prompted this? My experience was only the '22 primary clutch failure, but the secondary was unimpacted by primary problems. Maybe they can better design a system for 25 that incorporates a fully removable clutch guard that makes changing belts much easier? That also probably means relocating and/or redesigning the oil reservoir.

While I know some guys had their legs gashed open by clutches failing and spinning through the plastic, this solution is annoying in my first removal/installation effort.

T
Oct 5, 2021
Saskatchewan
Does anyone else's 850's not have the p85 clutch recall? I have a 22 khaos slash and it doesn't show up with my vin and I got no letters for it but worried about my clutch falling off now. It was one of the first few matryx rmks shipped out so maybe that's why but still seems not right to me that other 22's have the recall but not mine.
I mean it has 2000 miles so I guess it would've exploded by now if it was going to anyways

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Got any pics of open, bleeding 🩸 clutch wounds? That would be cool

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Got any pics of open, bleeding 🩸 clutch wounds? That would be cool
The one local guy who experienced this on a 22 matryx wouldn't send me the pic of his leg... but apparently he needed surgery after the fact.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
I wonder if the upgrades on the primary are worth doing out of pocket?
Based on MSRP to MSRP of P22 to P85, you might consider P85 (cheaper)… all RMSHA improver and mod sleds are running P85s.

If you do P85, you’ll also need to buy secondary deflection bolt and screw for secondary.

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
Does anyone else's 850's not have the p85 clutch recall? I have a 22 khaos slash and it doesn't show up with my vin and I got no letters for it but worried about my clutch falling off now.

My ‘22 850 na isn’t recalled either. Depends on build date of clutch. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Premium Features