• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 skidoo

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
It will take a new chassis for me to order. Not that excited to have the same chassis that came out in 16/17. I think they will Doo something.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Doo better release a new chassis if they want to stay relevant and get consumers to buy their '23 sleds after the craziness of this year's production cycle.

The turbo works great and can only improve... so now let's see some weight loss, improved/narrower track and body, belt drive, and finally an expert level factory skid without torsions springs that doesn't wobble. While great for novices, an articulating skid has no place on an "expert" sled since half the people who actually ride either modify or delete the T-motion immediately.

Gauges? I don't bother to wipe mine of snow often enough to care how big or fancy the gauge is. Funny how often people bring this issue up on mountain sleds. More importantly, how about some stock storage in the hood/dash?!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I could honestly care less about a guage. Stellar days you cant see them anyway. I do have to admit the polaris gauge is pretty cool. Big enough to see easily and track your riding partner is stellar. Gps and phone stuff is a flatlander thing. I guess i always know where I'm at or am going. I guess if you don't it would give you a little peace of mind. Offer it and like polaris, the people that want it will get it and the one's that dont, don't have to

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
Gauges? I don't bother to wipe mine of snow often enough to care how big or fancy the gauge is. Funny how often people bring this issue up on mountain sleds. More importantly, how about some stock storage in the hood/dash?!
This is exactly what I have been thinking on all of the gauge posts. Yes it is nice to get what you paid for, but at the end of the day I just need something that beeps at me when I’m low on gas or getting hot. The majority of my rides leave the gauge completely covered.

Anyways hoping for big changes because next year is my snow check year, but I think maybe a little more boost and slightly narrowed side panels.

B
Oct 5, 2010
Doo better release a new chassis if they want to stay relevant and get consumers to buy their '23 sleds after the craziness of this year's production cycle.

The turbo works great and can only improve... so now let's see some weight loss, improved/narrower track and body, belt drive, and finally an expert level factory skid without torsions springs that doesn't wobble. While great for novices, an articulating skid has no place on an "expert" sled since half the people who actually ride either modify or delete the T-motion immediately.

Weigh loss... Go and see those Polaris Matryx topiks, and see how well those do in real life. So cut weight at the factory so that the numbers look good. Then consumers add 20 pounds wort of reinforcements to make sles last trough the day :D So for me current weight is just fine. As long as these sleds can take a beating like Doo does.

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
Could we hope that 2023 is the year of the correct fuel gauge?

..and the long overdue death of the QRS!

..and please buy in on the patent for the "self adjusting belt length", (if there is a patent that is), while you're at it with the new secondary. (and make a kit for retrofitting old P-drives!)

Anyways, I still have over 50% of break in left on my -22 and I wont be trading next year anyways but the sooner the better

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Weigh loss... Go and see those Polaris Matryx topiks, and see how well those do in real life. So cut weight at the factory so that the numbers look good. Then consumers add 20 pounds wort of reinforcements to make sles last trough the day :D So for me current weight is just fine. As long as these sleds can take a beating like Doo does.
Weight is a big topic, and it's complex.

For lots of the riding I do, working stucks and rolling sleds in challenging terrain is common. A lighter sled means energy saved. The 850T added meaningful weight to an already heavier Gen4 chassis. I felt it every time I rode. It's an area for serious improvement, and engineers constantly wrestle durability vs. weight reduction. Go roll a stuck Axys or Matryx and then roll a Gen4. I can tell you from countless hundreds of stucks that the weight difference is noticeable.

Guys like Kuster and Burandt go crazy with weight loss mods on their sleds, which costs a TON per pound of weight loss, but they continue to do it sled after sled because you can primarily change two things outside of suspension and handling mods: power and weight. Doo improved the power significantly with the release of the turbo. But the weight just keeps going up.

Sure- when we smoke a rock on a Doo, it'll often bend an a arm (which are a real pain to replace by comparison to other OEMs) or even worse, hit something hard on the front end and break an s-mod requiring a serious (down)time and money. Reinforcing tunnels and front bumpers just transmits the forces to other parts on the sled. The stock doo front bumper is an excellent crumple zone (ask me how I know?!), and is cheap and fairly easy to replace. Then when you put a stronger one on, it's transmitting any forces to whatever it's bolted to. Narrowing and shortening a tunnel doesn't have to make it weaker, but Polaris did make the Matryx tunnel narrower, shorter and lighter and a lot less durable than the tank of a tunnel that is Gen4.

Bottom line is, when you have hard impacts, things bend and break. That's sledding. If you don't want to smash your tunnel, maybe don't do reentries on the first ride of the year with dirt and rocks barely covered. And if you don't want to hit things, avoid them or wait until there's a 200 inch base. Or better yet, keep your sled pristine in the garage for higher resale to the next guy!

Back to the point- bring a narrower and lighter chassis for Gen5 Ski-Doo!!

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
New skid without torsion springs, no more t-motion (finally!). Also it is not going to be the Lynx skid, all-new design
New track (at least not flex-edge anymore).

Those were the only specifics I could get, but [he] seemed pretty excited about it.

I'm hoping it gets narrowed up - 15" track, narrow tunnel/ running boards, and bodywork. And I think an updated front end geometry would help handling quite a bit, make it more predictable, less "twitchy."
Just buy a Polaris ?

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
A year ago I woulda said G5 for 2023… I doubt at this point thats gonna be possible with supply issues.

A tune and a couple more lbs of boost up high would be easy and very possible I’d think.

Doo for whatever reason sure is proud of their torsion spring skid, so I doubt we see them going away from that.
That's why I keep moving my raptor ace to my new sleds way better than they can deliver. Speaking of delivery if you order a 23 you won't get it until 24 lol they can't even get that right. Yes I'm still waiting on my 22 turbo ?

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
That's why I spent the money on rear skid night and day better than stock and since doo hasn't changed a damn thing I just keep moving it forward from sled to sled. Best money I ever spent on a doo that and my 872

C
Mar 15, 2018
Why so then we canhave major motor issues
I looked long and hard at a Khaos. EVERYTHING is a trade off, no one machine is perfect. IMO, from what I have read, seen etc, Polaris has the most capable chassis for mountain/tree riding but they have issues. Motor issues and jack shaft issues being the most serious that steered me to snow checking my Summit X. I just want to pull the cord and ride and know that, unless I do something stupid like hit a tree hard, I will be riding the thing back to the truck. Only having to pull the cord once per day is a bonus. Besides, while I believe the Polaris to be a more capable chassis, I'm not convinced that I am a good enough rider to tell.

I
Jul 5, 2001
Yep buy Polaris and uncrate then tear appart , remove cylinders and send to Indy Dan to fix RA finish on nicasil and then have him stuff his billet one piece crank in it and balance the whole motor and now might make a couple seasons of real torture !!!

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
:unsure:From a company that won't even provide options like a 2.5 track on an expert and almost zero options for colour???. Good luck.
Yeah, the highly customized snow check process from Polaris really leaves a lot to be desired for Doo owners.

Many will gladly pay extra for being able to make customized build selections like these.

C
Mar 15, 2018
three things it takes if I ever want to go back to the Doo.
-A better attack angle
-A Bulkhead that doesn't break like an eggshell
-better line handling in sidehill
I only need ONE thing to make me seriously consider a Polaris...reliablity. Honestly, all of the advantages that Polaris appears to have over the Doo in terms to ridability mean little too me as I am not a good enough rider to really tell. If I was a better rider perhaps but I still put reliability above all else. I DON'T like to walk or carry a truck full of parts to keep me going. Like I said before, none are perfect you just have the decide what you are willing to put uo with and what you are not and choose from there. No right or wrong answer, just personal preference.

Premium Features