• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SnoWest 2021 Trailer: WHICH BRAND TRAILER should I buy this time around??

Fearless Catman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
The Sheyenne River Valley of ND
Stay away from Mission trailers THEY SUCK! I have a 27ft(5ft V) & by the 2nd or maybe 3rd season the floor warped between the joists, some spots over 2" deep.. Brought it to my dealer & he did the dance with Mission over the course of a few months.. They decided they wouldn't fix it or even attempt to resolve the situation, even tho my dealer said he had never seen anything like that B4... so, buyer BEWARE OF ****TY MISSION TRAILERS...

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

What year is your Mission?

Nightsider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2019
Castle Rock, WA
What company helped those folks from Paradise Ca. last year? They lost everything in the fire except their trailer and it was stolen !!! I think it was Charmac that stepped up and helped them with a new trailer !!! Might think about that :unsure:

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Even if you don't think you'll use it for loading sleds in/out having a front door is nice for loading gear in if the sleds are already in the trailer. It's also way easier to air out a trailer if you need to if they have a front door and you can open both.

djsoder

Lifetime Membership
May 18, 2015
Central MN
2014. I purchased it around Feb 2015 & the end of the first season the siding had already starting coming off. By the 2nd season, I could place my hand between the seams, brought it 2 my dealer & they shipped it to mission & they reskinned it. Then the following season the floor warped, but seemed to almost go back to normal during the summer. By the end of the next season it warped really bad, that's when I took it back to my dealer. So, now I'm stuck with the warped for a they decided to do nothing

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

R
Feb 6, 2009
Idaho
Great thread as I am looking to upgrade my 4 place trailer as well and will be buying one soon. Can ya all also add to trailer brand what "extras" you cant live w/o and which are not worth it?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Even if you don't think you'll use it for loading sleds in/out having a front door is nice for loading gear in if the sleds are already in the trailer. It's also way easier to air out a trailer if you need to if they have a front door and you can open both.
True
BUT..
If I ditch the front door I could do a serious built in Shelf with a Tool Chest and work bench!!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Great thread as I am looking to upgrade my 4 place trailer as well and will be buying one soon. Can ya all also add to trailer brand what "extras" you cant live w/o and which are not worth it?
That is one of the HARD questions.
I have had 5 trailers now, most fully loaded out with every bell and whistle I could have them install for review.
About the only thing I never really go any serious use out of was the out side awning, and thats ONLY because I am not a big summer Trailer Camper.
Prefering a TENT instead.

Everything I have had installed on the inside of my trailers has seen GOOD USE over the years.
The creature comforts always shine through.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This looks interesting as a possible starting place.

When I was looking at this today, ONE thing in particular REALLY STOOD out to me.
Chris Burandt Edition Trailers
Add More
"Tunnel sling"

Correct me if I am wrong guys, but do I recall one of these trailers at the SnowShow with sleds inside of it that has their Tunnels UP IN THE AIR hanging from the Roof??
Thereby making a LOT more room for extra sleds??
I can't find a photo of this anywhere...

rpm-1.jpg

Ditch the front door and get it in RED instead of Grey..;)
2020_Trails_West_RPM_Burandt_Edition_20ft_Snowmobile_Trailer_-_Silver_w_Black_Go5rTk[1].jpg

This is the closest photo to what I am talking about I could find.
The bulk of the weight on the skis, but the tunnel fully up in the air.
586D7028-BCBC-4334-A731-07713B7C46D3_zpshpjpxzja[1].jpg

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I built a nice work bench with large tool box in front of my trailer. Front door is paddle locked shut and i dont miss it. I also carry an aluminum sled lift this realy handy.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Got a hunch the pick point is to be used only when stationary, and not while hauling.

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
This looks interesting as a possible starting place.

When I was looking at this today, ONE thing in particular REALLY STOOD out to me.
Chris Burandt Edition Trailers
Add More
"Tunnel sling"

Correct me if I am wrong guys, but do I recall one of these trailers at the SnowShow with sleds inside of it that has their Tunnels UP IN THE AIR hanging from the Roof??
Thereby making a LOT more room for extra sleds??
I can't find a photo of this anywhere...

View attachment 356459

Ditch the front door and get it in RED instead of Grey..;)
View attachment 356460

This is the closest photo to what I am talking about I could find.
The bulk of the weight on the skis, but the tunnel fully up in the air.
View attachment 356465

That is probably your best bet for getting a trailer with all the creature comforts that you are used to and still being able to haul it. I recommended a Logan before but if you are goign to be towing it with a F150 i wouldn't do that. They are extremely nice but just STUPID heavy.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I looked at the Trails West stuff at haydays last year. Specifically that small one you posted. My concern was that it was a steel trailer and the painting/sealing of the bottom of the trailer didn't seem to be that great.

It also seemed strange to me that on their floor melt system, it looked like just holes drilled in OSB for air ducting. I'm not sure about you, but I know what happens when OSB gets wet....

It was a beautiful trailer though. Has anyone had one for ~5 years? How has it held up?

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
I've also looked at the NEO trailers. I like that they use treated 3/4" plywood for the flooring not the water resistant osb plywood like other manufacturers use. Another thing to look at when selecting a trailer is the framing for the floor, walls and ceiling. 16" on center ceiling and floor framing is an option on the NEO trailers. I just don't like how they slant and flatten out the v. But it would probably work better that way for me since I have a sled deck on all winter and usually throw a spare sled up on the deck.

Premium Features