• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Burandt clutch/Kurt gear down kit

I'm looking to see if anyone has any first hand experience with the clutch and gear down combo that is being sold on burandts web site I want order it but would like to hear from someone that used it on a stock 850 2.6 155 thanks!?

I don't know anything about Burant clutching, but the gear down cools the clutches, cools your belts, increases belt life, creates a little better snap on the bottom end and puts more smile on your face.

Those belts are expensive and when you burn one you're kissing away $200.

So I've rode kurts clutched/geared 850 demo sled last year. that combo RIPS. definately money well spent. the 2.6 axys is geared REALLY high (like 95mph high). Kurts brings it down quite a bit and helps get the sled into the useable range of the clutch vs always in/out of engagement when tree riding. This helps with belt temps a ton. I flogged the sled HARD in some late season mashed potato snow and was blown away how hard it pulls and doesn't heat soak/fade.

Money well spent IMO.

Picking my sled up from kurts in the AM with that exact setup already installed on the 2020.

My buddy put a kurts gear down with burrandt clutching on his 19’ 850, otherwise stock. Was really impressive. I’ve used the Pro (cheap) gear down on a number of other sleds, it’s works ok, but doesn’t go far enough to gain any real benefit.

You will be happy with Kurt's or Tom's (TKI) gear down kit, both great kits that Ive had zero problems with on the 850.

On the 19 850 only about 400 miles on Kurt's and 600 on TKI's, plus miles on the stock gearing to compare. On the 800 Polaris Ive had thousands of miles on both kits.

My buddy put a kurts gear down with burrandt clutching on his 19’ 850, otherwise stock. Was really impressive. I’ve used the Pro (cheap) gear down on a number of other sleds, it’s works ok, but doesn’t go far enough to gain any real benefit.
Doesn’t go far enough as in you need to pair a clutch kit, or not low enough gearing or what?

Stock axys is 22/43 43÷22= 1.95
Pro pulleys on a axys 21/44 44÷21= 2.09
divide by .88 for 7 tooth 2.86" pitch and .92 for 7 tooth 3"
I think this is right.

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back