• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why isn't someone making a series of aftermarket pros?!

kej

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
I'd be in with a after market/dealer built one like the Pro Lite. New out of the box even better. The Pol just needs a engine that has some power left on the table. I believe this motor is tapped.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
It is embarrassing that we have to put a piston kit that changes porting and a head to run with a 800 AC that is based off a 10 year old engine.
New Polaris Pro $12000
Rkt drop kit $ 900 plus install/misc stuff
Clutching $ 400
Seat $ 500
wrap $ 350 plus install
Total $ 14,150 New 800 Pro Lite About $15,000
List on Pol is a True apples to apples comparison
For $2000 more you can have a 200HP RKT925 or Bikeman 910.
For $2000 more on Pol you will never see 170HP
You don't have to do anything for a stock pro to be right on a stock m8...nothing at all. If a clutched pro with a $900 piston kit/head runs with a pro lite...I'd say that's more a sales pitch for the Polaris than the cat...

If you want hp in a pro for $4k over stock...add a silber turbo kit, skip the stuff no on really needs (seat, wrap, etc). You don't need the lightweight stuff to compete with the pro lite, as the pols already lighter to start with.

kej

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
I agree stock to stock out of the box the Pro is better, but we are not comparing stock.
A ready to ride Lite 800 is $14750.
A Pro that is a good match takes clutching, motor work, and many days of tuning, wrenching to match it. AND about $14000 plus.
My point is I agree with Anziconda that a dealer/shop like Fastrax built sled like the Lite with the Pro would take it to level above the Lite.
A stock Pro is not even with a Stock 800 Lite and 900 lite that truly is 4K more would totally handle any stock 800 built.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
What's done to the clutching on a 800 pro lite?
Where are you getting $14750 for a 800 pro lite? Kevin clearly states its $15699.
Do they do anything to the exhaust or any other motor mods?

Last edited:

kej

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Off BDX website $16699 for 900ho (2013 model) less $2K for 800.
Thats what I'm comparing the one I've riden. Is 14 $15699 less $500 bdx cash.
It says clutch kit, not sure but is spot on. Motor is stock with can (to loud IMO).

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
The way I read it is $15699 for a 14 pro lite 800 and $500 bdx cash. http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=343899

So basically you get a stock powered 800 that is almost as light as a pro, a clutch kit, a loud can and a wrap for $4000+ more than a stock pro.

I'll put my stock pro (clutching included) against that any day unless you think meandering through meadows and taking some pokes at some wide open hill climbs is riding.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I wouldn't take the BDX Pro Lite. I think it's cool for the AC guys but I don't like the chassis to begin with. I'll take the $2k after purchasing my 2013 Pro and add it to a Silber as Jaynelson suggested.

A

anziconda

Dec 10, 2007
I sure wasn't looking to start a pissing match!! I just asked a simple question. For me personally, if there was a said pro available with similar mods to the prolite, I probably would have bought one. To me this is a compliment to Polaris and the pro! Why you poo guys are so but hurt over a simple question is beyond me:face-icon-small-dis
Oh, and I'd love a cmx, but I don't have near enough pennies for one of those bad boys yet:face-icon-small-hap

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
IMO most of the replies have been civil and accurate. Not sure which post your referring to when you say "butt hurt" but the truth is hard to take sometimes.

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
Look @ list that Pro Lite comes with, No way you can build one for the $$$.
My riding partner has 13 Pro lite with 800, tough sled too beat. A true pull the rope sled, no clutching, no set-up, just fill with pre-mix and go. Runs right with a 12 Pro with clutching and drop kit.

I'm sorry, but this is hilarious!!!!!

You're comparing a basically stock 2012 Pro (a $12k sled new) to a 2013 BDX Pro-Lite (a $16k sled new) and saying they run right near each other...doesn't this quite explicitly PROVE the point that the Pro’s are NOT UNDERPOWERED to begin with?????

W
May 27, 2009
Maple Valley, WA
So your fishing in the poo forum trying to justify the $17g+ that you just plopped down on a sled thats almost as light as the stock Pro? lol[/QUOi was up at the Baker Shootout and took a brand new Arctic Cat for a Demo ride.....what a tank. So much more heavier than my pro and was retailing for more than 15 grand. I it seemed to me
that the sled of choice up there was Pro RMK
T

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
I sure wasn't looking to start a pissing match!! I just asked a simple question. For me personally, if there was a said pro available with similar mods to the prolite, I probably would have bought one. To me this is a compliment to Polaris and the pro! Why you poo guys are so but hurt over a simple question is beyond me:face-icon-small-dis
Oh, and I'd love a cmx, but I don't have near enough pennies for one of those bad boys yet:face-icon-small-hap

Got your point, along with many others. Thanks. It was a great question. Every brand has their share of basher boyz. It's a locker room thing.

I put over $3500 in my 11 pro just for evols, RKT kit, and clutching alone. Not to mention other stuff. Got three seasons total out of it, but it took two full seasons to assemble the final product. I can resell the evols, or move them to a 14. But I would be game for a proven 15k mod poo with a 1 yr warranty, setup for my elevations, etc., OOTB, so to speak. It takes time and tuning to put different kits together ourselves, and make them run well, and even if we self-install a single vendor 'package', they are never fully tested for all elevations, available fuels, snow conditions, riding styles. I do think the allure of a 4 yr warranty would be one of the challenges to any 15k poolite, even if many guys blow the warranty quals anyways, or have to wait half a season for parts and beg, borrow, or buy a backup sled. It's another mental thing. Good luck with the Prolite!

kej

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
I'm sorry, but this is hilarious!!!!!

You're comparing a basically stock 2012 Pro (a $12k sled new) to a 2013 BDX Pro-Lite (a $16k sled new) and saying they run right near each other...doesn't this quite explicitly PROVE the point that the Pro’s are NOT UNDERPOWERED to begin with?????

I think its hilarious to that all of us Pro owners think a new sled that needs pistons, head, fuel controller, and mine has a SLP pipe is basically stock.

I agree with REG2 in getting the Pro where I'm happy takes $3k to run the same as a STOCK 800 AC powered Pro Lite. The $17K Pro Lite is a 200HP 900HO.
I own a Pro, I get it, they have the best/lightest chassis (IMO) and a 800 that is tapped @150-160HP with some serious durability issues.
AC has heaviest chassis, with a 800 that makes same power stock as a mod pol 800. Plus for $2k a 925RKT makes 200HP.
You can spend $2-3K on Pro's engine or $2-3K lighting a Pro climb.
I'm just saying I agree that a shop built Pro that we don't have to tune would sell better then the Lite IMO.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
People can talk about underpowered all they want....but how much time do they REALLY spend at WFO?

FOR REAL at WFO?!

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC

Sorry, I should clarify my posts as well....

I think a shop-built "package" of popular aftermarket accessories that work well together is a great idea. I think the Pro-lite is likely great in execution and in the final product (haven't ridden one, but that seems to be the consensus). Not sure "I" would buy one unless I could pick the accessories (paying for a different seat and lack of headlight, for example...no thanks), but I think it's a great idea and definitely see a market for it.

The only part I thought funny, was that the underpowered virtually stock Pol, still keeps up with the professionally dialed in, spec'd out Pro-lite. Which just goes to show that the Pol is not just hype with a crappy motor....it's still the real deal.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
People can talk about underpowered all they want....but how much time do they REALLY spend at WFO?

FOR REAL at WFO?!

I have yet to find a hill in deep snow, that my bone stock PRO won't get my 200 pound butt to the top! What else is needed??

I've posted that a couple times and nobody seems to want to answer that. I'm starting to think that question is a good thread killer. LOL

C

CDK

Sep 5, 2011
I've posted that a couple times and nobody seems to want to answer that. I'm starting to think that question is a good thread killer. LOL

I must politely disagree. Much respect to both of you, and I do understand where you're coming from, since 90% of the riders out there don't need more than 150 hp, as much as they need more experience. However, I know a couple very technical pulls in Revelstoke, and a couple of chutes I would love to try that definately require more than 150 hp. My good friends that ride 300 hp Nytros are pretty much wide open trying to get up them. My RK 858 just does not have a shot making it up, no matter how much $$$ I might throw into a coupling rear suspension. Sometimes track speed is the limiting factor. I feel like another 50 hp, and I could make a good go of it. This can be see pretty plainly too when I watched stock Pro with a 40 shot of nitrous go places I can't touch.

I realize I am referring to straight up climbing, and many people could not be bothered to attempt that sort of riding. I like the trees myself, but sometimes it's fun to point up a 6 foot wide crack in the rocks and go for broke. Situtations like these could warrant a more powerful Pro. Just food for thought....

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
I must politely disagree. Much respect to both of you, and I do understand where you're coming from, since 90% of the riders out there don't need more than 150 hp, as much as they need more experience. However, I know a couple very technical pulls in Revelstoke, and a couple of chutes I would love to try that definately require more than 150 hp. My good friends that ride 300 hp Nytros are pretty much wide open trying to get up them. My RK 858 just does not have a shot making it up, no matter how much $$$ I might throw into a coupling rear suspension. Sometimes track speed is the limiting factor. I feel like another 50 hp, and I could make a good go of it. This can be see pretty plainly too when I watched stock Pro with a 40 shot of nitrous go places I can't touch.

I realize I am referring to straight up climbing, and many people could not be bothered to attempt that sort of riding. I like the trees myself, but sometimes it's fun to point up a 6 foot wide crack in the rocks and go for broke. Situtations like these could warrant a more powerful Pro. Just food for thought....

Jack of all trades and master of none?

Last edited:
C

CDK

Sep 5, 2011
Jack of all trades and master on none?

I do agree the Pro is an excellent all-around sled, and it will go places many of us have no right in being. However, I still maintain my opinion that more power could only help what is already an excellent sled.

Premium Features