• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The 2015 RMK rumors, thoughts, and wishes thread

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
I enjoy the speculations and rumours at this time of year. From all the brands. Always looking for unobtainable off the floor lol.

Poo did something in 2011 that IMO has not been topped. Perfect sled for what I do and I've finished my wish list. Most of the sled is built with parts of a higher quality than I've been used to. So 3 years!!! Unheard of lol.
I'm sure the Poo engineers have many ideas posted here already past just CAD drawings and are just waiting for the big OK from the top floor. They've probably had no OT and long lunch hours since 2010 lol.
If it is a BNG year I'll be happy,,, after a week or two lol. But I'll still dream about a new Swiss Auto 850 twin that copies the torque band of a 900 Cat while setting a new standard of longevity for the industry lol.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
well if we are going to wish:

I wish my matte nuclear sunset orange was gloss instead.
I wish there was a direct color match for powder coat.
I wish my tunnel was already coated black from the factory.

I wish I had more time to ride my unbelievably awesome wouldn't change a thing stock God I Love To Ride This Thing Pro RMK!!!!

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
I hate to be captain obvious but this was a wish list. You obviously drive out here from nd and go to cooke where you can go off trail right from the get go. We go all over and you don't have off trail, for a ways, in some places. I usually don't have a problem with the cooling but once in a while I have to work at it. My wife struggle once in a while and I will swap her. we just got back from wyoming and it was wet snow where scratchers don't do much good. If you couldn't get off and spin stuff up there, and there were spots you couldn't, you were heating up. Guys on the new cats were shutting them off. As for the shock who wouldn't want better shocks from the factory or an option?

I guess my other gripe with your captain obvious comment is I don't need you telling me what the difference is and what to buy or what they are for. I am not some kid who bought a burandt video and thinks they know everything. I learned most of this stuff on my own through trial and error and riding with some of the best riders around. Wouldn't even cared if it wasn't for the way you phrased it.

Same as Island Park or West Yellowstone area. Long trails just to get to where you wanna start heading in. I guess I don't hear much about anyone running too hot or overheating. If the trails are complete garbage, what sled is going to run cool? Why do you think a bigger cooler (more weight) is a good idea for the PRO version of the RMK? Thaaaaat is thee COMPLETE opposite direction I believe. Once again, Buy the standard, buy some shocks. The cost of the standard should be plenty to offset the cost of buying aftermarket shocks.

Nothing wrong with wishlists. I wish someone built a sled factory direct exactly the way I want it right out of the crate, too. Nothing wrong with being realistic either, I think at least.

People complain about the parts built too light and then expect every model year to lose weight, or the shocks that are set for an industry standardized rider size aren't perfect for them, or the bars are too high or too low.

I agree, they should put better shocks on all of the models to begin with, though. Although, you do have a lot of guys that DON'T like floats, and would rather have an shock & external spring setup. How are they gonna please everybody? The amount of factory options demanded on here would absolutely never work for polaris at their factory.

There are things that they should do that just shouldn't be an "option"

They should powdercoat the majority of the aluminum parts, maybe only have 3 choices, black, red, or gray -- maybe different year to year.

Again, stick better suspensions under them right away.

........you know what, I don't want anything else on it. I want a PRO RMK that's stripped down and bare bones so that if there's something I wanna change I can just do it the way I want. I'll send my shocks off, or replace them, or wrap my tunnel, or change my bars, or my panels, or cut vents in wherever I might think it needs it, or adjust my own clutching.

There's just so much entitlement with society these days. People want it all and all new and latest and greatest but don't wanna have to pay for it. I don't get it, I guess. I still appreciate the aftermarket, and my options there. I like to change crap on my sled just as much as the next guy, I guess I'm just not too important that I can't possibly waste a day figuring out how I want my own sled set up.

I wish the new polaris sleds were all four strokes, just to egg everybody on. I don't care I guess, I enjoy my 2013. whatever. have at it with the comments. screw this place

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
My list wouldn't be that hard.
1. fix ski rubber issue. Easy fix for them.
2. shock choice. I could do aftermarket but it would be cheaper for the consumer if polaris did it. Make some options. The people that don't want to pay for it get the walker evans that we have now. If burandt had his way they would have floats and I like coil overs better.
3. Run heat through the running boards. Easy to do and other than the coolant the weight is there. There is a fair amount different between the standard and the pro. Might even help with all the snow on the back and the rear suspension bracket.
4. More power. I don't even care about this because I usually remedy that myself. It would be nice but not a must.
This is a pretty simple list.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
I just hope if they're doing something big its this year. Cause I'll probably be in the market for a 16 and would like something new tested by the best R&D department (us) for a year.

Taken from a reliable source on HCS:

It's an 800 only, Swiss Auto/Polaris project.
It is a 2 stroke
20% better on fuel
10% more horsepower
There will be a PRO X version
It will have factory GPS and a whole bunch of other cool stuff

Think I don't know , wait till the unveil

flying frenchman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
For the guy wanting a goggle dryer and says the under hood bad dries them, we'll I've melted goggle lenses in that bag.
The Pro needs under seat storage nothing to big and some under hood storage.

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
800 High Output motor may not be available on the mountain sleds this year. Sure hope it is though.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT

It is a 2 stroke
20% better on fuel
10% more horsepower

All of the reliable sources are spilling the beans on march 2.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012

It is a 2 stroke
20% better on fuel
10% more horsepower

Who is this "reliable source?"

R

Remmy

Dec 28, 2003
So we might get e-tec power and efficiency in the Pro chassis. That's a step in the right direction. Although I would love to see a 20% bump in HP.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
No way poo will debut new injection tech on an 8. They'd be peeing on their own fingers. I doubt they'd even put a first year 850 CFI in the RMK.

Premium Features