• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Franklin Basin UNREAL!!!

T

tgoodwin

Dec 6, 2007
Blackfoot
Just a heads up for anyone heading to Franklin Basin, the powder there is insane. I've been riding for nearly 20 years and can't remember powder like that, ever. Climb a hill and come back down then shut your sled off to clean off the foot of powder on your hood. If you're not on a bigger track (151" +) I would wait to go there. Rode Sat. and I would say an average of 3-4 feet of fresh. That's no lie! Snowed heavy all day Sat. while we were riding, and if they got the storm that hit Pocatello Sunday they are going to be crazy this week. So if you're going to go, take your shovels, and an extra pair of goggles. Best snow in years.

T

TravRMK

Feb 1, 2004
Pocatello, ID
Yes the snow is awesome right now. We parked in the Copenhagen parking lot at the top of Emigrant on saturday, and rode heading south just north of where you were. Didn't even get to the warming hut, had too much fun on the way. Found some cool places that I haven't been to before, and I ride there alot.
02feb085.jpg

02feb082.jpg

L
Nov 26, 2007
Preston Idaho
We were the first one’s in the Copenhagen parking lot Sat. and broke trail clear to midnight Mt. before hitting the groomer. We haven’t played in that much new snow in a long time. Had to stop a few time's because the snow was suffocating our sleds. Of all things to forget to take, I forgot to take my camera.

R
Nov 28, 2007
Sandy, UT
Franklin Basin Pics

I will add my pics to the list. One is of the Franklin basin road before the groomer had a chance to take a pass at it. About 3 feet of fresh!!!

Franklin-2-4.JPG Franklin_road.JPG

S
Dec 12, 2007
Hey guys i was just wondering if the best western clover creek inn is still there in montpelier. I was looking on best westerns website and cant find it. Did it change hands or is it gone.

Premium Features