• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Q's on intalling 2 wheel kit.

R
Nov 27, 2007
Northern California
I have a Holz 2 wheel kit and the directions say I need to pull the whole skid out of the sled to install... is this right? Seems I could do the swap with just loosening the track way up, or am I wrong?

M
Nov 26, 2007
Okotoks
I have a 2 wheel kit for my 900 rmk and I'm waiting to see if anyone has any replies with some good tips. I'd like to avoid cutting my stock axle.

my brother just put a 2 wheel kit on his rev and he had to cut the stock axle in half to get it out of the skid. The stock wheels were seized on the axle. I thought the axle should just slide out with maybe a bit of coaxing. We took the adjusters right off as well but it wouldn't budge.

W

wildchild

Jul 4, 2001
lumby
You should be able to just loosen off the track and remove the stock axle. Then slide the 2 wheel kit in to place.

With the skidoo stock axles some of them are machined with a step. So the middle wheel can only slide off in one direction. They do sieze on there with the bearing race being steel on a alum shaft they oxidize.

P
Nov 26, 2007
Wildchild kit

I just put wildchilds kit on my Switchback, took me all of 20 mins. Took the bolts out of each end of the axle, slid it out easily. Used a flap disc to get the rivet out of the adjusters, 1/4" grade 8 bolts to re-attach them to te inside of the rails then just slide in the new axle with the wheels on adjust track and tighten everything down. Staright forward, no suprises...

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
I used wildchilds kit on my 900... was simple and fast... only thing i had to do was loosen the thrack out all the way and then drill out the tension mounts... replace them on the inside of the rails and bolt them back in... took about 20 minutes... heres a pic... i drilled one whole slightly too big and thats why i had to use a washer... kind of ugly, but you cant see it in the snow so who cares

Last edited:

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
I just did mine a couple days ago, used the OEM Polaris parts as per Mountainhorses posts in the old forum. It cost $35 CDN and did it in about an hour. You don't have to take the skid out, just back the adjusters right off and find a way to hold up the back end of the sled. One thing to note, I went from an 05 three wheel set up and there is one small spacer washer on the 05 set up between the adjuster block and the inner wheel. The OEM 2 wheel set up from an 07 RMK uses two of these spacers so I picked up a second one from the dealer with my other parts for $0.50 and made sure I had them both in there. The microfiche from Ronnies.com shows it all if you compare the 05/06 drawings to the 07 drawing.

Premium Features