• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris vs Ski Doo Chassis Differences

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
interesting take tethair. I thought it is more for weight/evacuation. Wonder if it will stick, dont see it on this latest buradnt track pictured in this thread https://www.snowest.com/forum/threads/3-25-track.465286/
Ive thought of punching a few small center ports in my track but I know its not good for water crossings, and occassionaly Ive been on a mountain lake that looked plenty safe start to let go under me. I like the idea of the smaller slots, less cheese grater affect.
How do the two sleds from the OP on topic compare in tunnel clearance around the drivers? Seems like polaris crams them in tighter than the other makes.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
interesting take tethair. I thought it is more for weight/evacuation. Wonder if it will stick, dont see it on this latest buradnt track pictured in this thread https://www.snowest.com/forum/threads/3-25-track.465286/
Ive thought of punching a few small center ports in my track but I know its not good for water crossings, and occassionaly Ive been on a mountain lake that looked plenty safe start to let go under me. I like the idea of the smaller slots, less cheese grater affect.
How do the two sleds from the OP on topic compare in tunnel clearance around the drivers? Seems like polaris crams them in tighter than the other makes.
And it is not just air that is trying to get compressed. There is a good percent of that air full of snow. Snow won't compress as well as air. If it can blow down through the track ports it won't slow the track from spinning as much. Like any centrifugal pump with a volute, the tunnel squeezes down to the choke point at the front.

Premium Features