• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What would you like to see for future improvement in the Ski-Doo mountain lineup?

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
1.haha
2. https://www.youtube.com/@iBackshift/videos
3. no one seems to know with the new, elastic chains
7. dunno but in the quest for less weight, doo uses thinner metal now for the tunnel
9. my group has had no issues with tracks but we also don't go as fast as possible on hard pack
10. i like the front end now but didn't at first
11. they need to improve on the latch mech but if they make the glove box too big for more stuff, people will complain about how heavy their sled is
12. good question but if you still bought it w/o doing due diligence on how much it was lacking then...
14. agreed
15. prolly cuz there doesn't seem to be demand.
16. excellent question

you did very well with that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
What is the best oil?
How should I set my belt deflection?
How tight should my chain be?
How high should my bars be?
How often should I change my chain case fluid?
How often should I change my sliders?
How much weight can I carry in my tunnel bag?
How do I keep ice from freezing up in my tunnel?
Why do Doo tracks not last?
How come the front of Doos look so ugly?
Why doesn't Doo make a better accessory glove box?
Why is the 10.25 gauge such a fail?
Why can't Doo come up with one ski that works on their Summits (we're on the DS4 now)?
When will Doo replace their lousy secondary stock rollers?
Why doesn't Doo make post-forward stock?
Why doesn't Doo make heavy duty air intakes stock?

That's it for round one.
Assuming, i have all summer to knock this list off. There was no time frame listed in post.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
For me:

1. A cover available for the machine that lasts more than one trip on the sled deck (seriously - they are ****ing JUNK and I'm SICK of replacing them)
2. No 2 piece driveshaft
3. Proper chain/gears
4. Factory clutching that keeps the sled off the rev limiter
5. Shocks that don't need to be run with the springs maxed out - and bring back the adjustment the clickers had before!
6. Better extrovert drivers that don't require banjo-string-tight track tension to keep from ratcheting
7. Deep snow grips on deep snow models - from the factory!

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I travel at least 1000 miles each way to get to the snow and use a sled deck exclusively. Every cover I've purchased (5 of them) since 2014 has died an untimely death. The front of them seems to hold up now, but the G4/5 covers destroy themselves at the rear, EVERY. SINGLE, TIME. It's incredibly frustrating.

For comparison, my Polaris friends are using the same cover for multiple YEARS with the same commute and truck/sled deck setup.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I use a polaris cover from 2014, on my 14 pro, 16 axys, 19 axys, 22 boost, and 23 gen5.

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
I travel at least 1000 miles each way to get to the snow and use a sled deck exclusively. Every cover I've purchased (5 of them) since 2014 has died an untimely death. The front of them seems to hold up now, but the G4/5 covers destroy themselves at the rear, EVERY. SINGLE, TIME. It's incredibly frustrating.

For comparison, my Polaris friends are using the same cover for multiple YEARS with the same commute and truck/sled deck setup.
I place a movers blanket folded up over the seat, it helps to take the slack out of the cover on the rear. ( how about those metal clips on the cover , those are awesome!!!! not!)

F
Nov 18, 2011
North west territory
They would be much better of to make it easier to get the secondary clutch off , a splined qrs so shaft can stay in sled , a belt drive would be nice I’ve have very good success with the ones I’ve owned. G5 is great 850R is 🤯going to be something good to trump it .

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
Sleds delivered on time.
Better track longevity.
Belt drive.
Lighter stock exhaust.
Post forward.
Larger dash storage compartment (but not as big as the accessory one).
A real gauge that has GPS and universal buddy tracking.
Besides Polaris' (trail tech) tracking and garmin buddy tracking (not allowed in Canada and the UK) what other tech is out there brp can source? Something about the radio frequency is not allowed here in Canada.

I think Doo should just fork out the money to Polaris IF they would sell the trail tech buddy tracking.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Besides Polaris' (trail tech) tracking and garmin buddy tracking (not allowed in Canada and the UK) what other tech is out there brp can source? Something about the radio frequency is not allowed here in Canada.

I think Doo should just fork out the money to Polaris IF they would sell the trail tech buddy tracking.
Surely BRP has the technology to do this from their own parent corp if need be.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
The factory equivalent of the Ice Age or ZRP spindle design on all BRP sleds
Get rid of the stupid POS BRP Go app and useless gauge and partner with Garmin and copy the Cat design and be done with it
Cut 30 lbs off each sled across the BRP mountain sled range …. Make them lighter
More Power :)

G
Feb 9, 2014
Shuswap
- a tunnel that doesn't hold 20lbs of ice
- a seat that doesn't soak up water and freeze into a brick
- toss that whole fixed sheave, 2 roller dud of a secondary in the trash
- better cooling for the trail
- ski rubbers that work and last
- an engine compartment that doesn't get coated in rusty fibreglass
- steering boots that don't need continuous repair
- headlights and gauges that stay moisture free
- dedicated electrical connections for the grip heaters

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
Sometimes I have this 12 mile trip across the very middle of a lake. We've gone at -20 because there will be nobody out there. That trip across the lake can be so cold, there are guys who turn around. Its just wind non stop, no mercy and rock hard snow drifts. But....ya get get into the river system on the other side and you can hear the angels singing...

I need a medium windshield for a G5 summit, dagnabbit. :mad:
Lâchez-vous et faites un pare-brise s'il vous plaît (y)

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Sometimes I have this 12 mile trip across the very middle of a lake. We've gone at -20 because there will be nobody out there. That trip across the lake can be so cold, there are guys who turn around. Its just wind non stop, no mercy and rock hard snow drifts. But....ya get get into the river system on the other side and you can hear the angels singing...

I need a medium windshield for a G5 summit, dagnabbit. :mad:
Lâchez-vous et faites un pare-brise s'il vous plaît (y)
removable like the snow flap?

Premium Features