• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski-Doo vs Polaris: Handling differences?

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
our group of 8 all thought the gen 5 skidoo was the hardest to ride in mediocre snow. it felt like the bars fought you the whole time. the matryx was much easier to ride but everyone whose ridden my catalyst thought it was easy to ride. I absolutely love my catalyst its easy to overide but you get used to it and its so easy to ride i'm not tired at the end of the day.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
our group of 8 all thought the gen 5 skidoo was the hardest to ride in mediocre snow. it felt like the bars fought you the whole time. the matryx was much easier to ride but everyone whose ridden my catalyst thought it was easy to ride. I absolutely love my catalyst its easy to overide but you get used to it and its so easy to ride i'm not tired at the end of the day.
That's the skis and their spindle

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I feel the Gen5 is just overly weight forward and still quirky. I have a friend who purchased one two seasons ago and cussed out the quirkiness for an entire season and he is the best technical rider I know. I think he put it best when he said it’s still doing that stupid Ski-Doo sh:t to me every now and then.

Premium Features