• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First Black Hills Snow?

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
Hey moderators. Is it possibe to place SRX600's post (no.9) of the Hardy webcam onto a sticky in the Dakota section? Since it is always updated it would be an excellent source of snow and weather info for those checking on the Black Hills.

Figured it out. The post has been moved to the Trail cams topic and is now sticked at the top of the fourm. in the ND/SD Cams section.

Hopefully this is what you guys were looking for.

Last edited:
X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
Starting to come down Heavy now

From the look of the Cams not much has stuck. Is the weather pretty warm?
My first trip your way was planned for 3 weeks from now and its not looking good.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
Definitely too warm. Put up Christmas lights today in without a jacket. However I did ride on Monday. Hot Springs got 5 inches and I made a few full throttle pulls in the ditch in front of the Mammoth Site. This was the second time we got 5 inches this month but it only lasts 2 days.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
Definitely too warm. Put up Christmas lights today in without a jacket. However I did ride on Monday. Hot Springs got 5 inches and I made a few full throttle pulls in the ditch in front of the Mammoth Site. This was the second time we got 5 inches this month but it only lasts 2 days.

Im right there with ya. Its been 60-65 here for the last week. The rest of this week is supposed to be close to the same before it cools off.

However, It looks like the forecast has the potential for some snow coming up. Possibility of 5-11 inches. It would be a good start. Not near enough for me to bring this 910 up there though. Maybe my Van Amuburg XCR 800 triple mod or my 03 800 Rmk.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...NR&textField1=44.1494&textField2=-104.095&e=0

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Hopefully the snows starts pouring in. I would like to get out to the hills a couple times this year. Always used to hit it up a couple times a year, but just drove right on past every time last year.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
^I agree. I got out to the hills once and it wasn't pretty. But it does suck to have to drive 10+hours to get to the big horns or anywhere else.

Premium Features