• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First Black Hills Snow?

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
Major change in weather is comming by Wednesday. For the Hardy Camp area NWS is predicting chances for SNOW for Wed night, Thurs day, Thurs night, and Fri with highs in the low 40's and lows 20-22 at night.

S

srx_600

Apr 16, 2009
South Dakota
I see there is a chance of snow on Friday for where i live (SE SD).

At this point any kind of moisture is welcomed.

travydog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Tulare south dakota
I hope the whole state gets dumped on. Only after 11 more days then we will be done harvesting!! But I really wouldn't mind taking a few days off because of rain or so hahaha

S

srx_600

Apr 16, 2009
South Dakota
I saw this morning they up'ed the chances for the hills, but took away the chance of snow on Fri for SE SD.

S

srx_600

Apr 16, 2009
South Dakota
I can see snow falling on the trailshead web came right now as we speak.

I tried their site not too long ago and it is still not working but if you go HERE you can see it coming down.:face-icon-small-hap

W

wag13

Jun 22, 2008
Spearfish,SD
Just started snowing lightly in spearfish...a lot more rain than snow but its only 4 o'clock

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
Snow did not do much in the Northern Hills just an inch or two which mostly melted but I have heard reports of some 6-10 inch snows South of the Deerfield area and 1 unconfirmed report of 12 inches in the Reno Gulch area West of Hill City.

S

srx_600

Apr 16, 2009
South Dakota
Looks like a fairly active system is set to move into the Black Hills starting Tuesday night with a good chance of snow on Wednesday. More importantly, if you look at what the temperatures are supposed to do. Get to the almost single digits during that time. Hopefully the temps will stay nice and cold and freeze the ground and then snow start to build for a good base.

Even though it is early, it is never too early to start building a good stable base:face-icon-small-hap

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
Chances of snow Tuesday through the weekend with daytime highs of 25-35 and nightime temps of 10-20. The weather "experts" at KELO TV are predicting a higher than normal snowfall for the Lead/Deadwood area this winter. Normal is 175 inches and KELO is predicting 201 inches with most of the snow falling midwinter into spring.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
Hey moderators. Is it possibe to place SRX600's post (no.9) of the Hardy webcam onto a sticky in the Dakota section? Since it is always updated it would be an excellent source of snow and weather info for those checking on the Black Hills.

S

srx_600

Apr 16, 2009
South Dakota
Hey moderators. Is it possibe to place SRX600's post (no.9) of the Hardy webcam onto a sticky in the Dakota section? Since it is always updated it would be an excellent source of snow and weather info for those checking on the Black Hills.

I added the third hardy camp camera, a few others, and the trailshead link. However i cannot guarantee if the trailshead link will work for everyone (or anyone for that matter) but it does work for me.

Last edited:

Top Notch

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Hartford, S.D.
www.topnotchdetailing.biz
Pretty sure all the stuff he linked is in the very first sticky in the Dakota's section, plus more. You can also see most of the other cameras in the state for traveling purposes too.

Last edited:
Premium Features