• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Black Hills Condition 2

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
thanks for the replies guys I am in the hotel in rapid right now. headed up to the cabin s of lead in the AM.I will not be ridding on sun thank u for offer I am rolling home sun am.
posting my # for any one who wants to go play
Ezra 612 483 1224
a text is best some times when I am in a phone wandering zone I cant get messages until I get back to my home coverage area.
don't know why. for 13 yrs has just felt like 2 much work to figure out lol

Last edited:

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
hey duane, how far south have you been? just wondering if/when i could ride out of the ditch creek lot.

I have not been further South than Redbank Springs, junct 1 & 9 and Deerfield since before Christmas. I would have to believe it should be rideable out of Ditch Creek if you stay on Ditch Creek Rd. They have been plowing 6 mile Rd so will have to find another route to the West.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
Is their any new snow Duane looking at comin out this weekend and what's better north our south of trails head

Looked like they got an inch or two last night. More is predicted for tomorrow night, Friday and Saturday. They are not predicting amounts yet but it sounds like nothing big. Right now either direction is just as good IMO.

Nodaker

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2008
VC, ND
Last minute trail update?

Wondering if anyone has any last minute updates on the snow conditions in the Hills. We're coming down with two trailers Friday morning,...with high hopes!

Thanks,
Nodaker

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
How's the snow holding up to the temps Duane were hoping to be at trails head at 8 in the am

I am off at home today. NWS has predicted temps of 35 in Lead and 32 at Trailshead with snow up to an inch. Was up yesterday and the temps never got out of the 20's. Tomorrow is predicted to be in the low 40's which does very little damage this time of year.

sledking120

Premium Member
Nov 14, 2011
South Dakota
We rode in some awesome snow from trails head all the way to buckhorn and back and the food was good a service was awesome at buckhorn

W

wag13

Jun 22, 2008
Spearfish,SD
so 4-5, and 6-8 new inches of snow around the trail system and a predicted 7-11 inches of new stuff for the first part of this week? Good thing I'll be siting in class….:smash:

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
NWS is predicting possibly over a foot of snow for Mon thru Tues. Spent most of day recovering a wrecked 2014 Skidoo that ghost rode to the bottom of a canyon and struck a tree last weekend. Sled was not in running condition and the only way out was up. Too steep to pull by sled. Talked Lawrence County Search and Rescue in bringing out their snocat equipped with a winch as a training mission. Between the winch with several ropes we were able to recover the sled.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
Just talked to the guys at Hardy Camp they are reporting 6 inches overnight. More to come is predicted. Trail conditions in most areas are the best I have seen in many years. Off trail is getting good (not epic yet). Now starting to see stuck mountain sleds.

Premium Features