• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP vs M1000 ?

W
Dec 2, 2007
Who really cares, if you have a sled that will get you where you want to go. If you want a Climber (point and Shot) buy a turbo if you want a boondocker buy what you feel comfortable on. And when you or your friend get stuck you want the lightest sled Possible LOL. Their all junk when the hood's up and all fun while they are working well.
Just my opinion.

R

rider_4_ever

Nov 26, 2007
Jackson, WY
Last saturday. one 05 rt 1000. 900 miles but still set up exactly as it was when it left the dealer floor. One xp 154 also factory setup. I rode both on the same hill. The xp handles much better than the rt and it should. The rt pulls much harder than the xp. You can feel the touque difference. It wasn't an ideal hill for the test so I can't declare a clear winner but its very close. One thing to note, the rt is mine so thats what im used to riding. Might have helped it cause a little.

C
Nov 26, 2007
To get the pot fired up, The M8 will beat the XP...... Put the xp up against the Phazer,stock thats more like it....THE M1000 went over the top while you guys were fighting about it.............or put the Xp against the 800dragon that has not been delivered yet ,thats more like it.

R

Remmy

Dec 28, 2003
The M1000 may not kill an XP stock but drop $1500 into both and it's no contest, the M1000 has substantially more mod potential and if you really want to get carried away a Garrett 30 series is always an option.

The XP...........well, it is a great running sled stock, but true to their name, Ski-Doo doesn't leave much on the table for the aftermarket.

And how many of us actually ride stock. :D

S
Nov 30, 2007
You dont need a BIG mountain to compare sleds.
Start from standing still at the bottom of the slope, if both gets up and over move the start closer to the hill and so on until one of you gets stuck. At the end you often start a bit up the hill and then you can sieve the best sled out without risking your life in avalanches or your sleds rolling down the mountainsides.
Try it out, it's fun and really shows the difference between the sleds.

S
Nov 30, 2007
This way of comparing the sleds is for the most a good measure of how high a sled can climb against another, but it's important to have the same snowconditions in both tracks up the hill.

D
Nov 26, 2007
colorado
this last weekend M1000 can and y pipe,M8 pipe, y, and can, new xp only had 90 miles on it.Was not even close in 2 to 3 ft on hill 1000 went up and over hill M8 went up and over with some work XP only half way at best he could only get 7200 rpms in the powder but on the trail up and back it would pull 8100.XP rider was not happy and was taking it back to dealer today

K
Nov 29, 2007
Kelowna BC
not sure what some of you guys are smokin, either you guys don't have a matched up rider or something?
I have a m1000 and revs or xp's are no match for it and its stock. I thought it might be close, then after a day of beating the skis its in the 1000 class.

Darko why are you posting in here when you don't even ride one?

onepicknick

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
they dont compare the m8 because its lower in hp and obviously heavier. doo built a more powerful 800 in an anemic chassis lol its a good sled. but after market mod for mod and looks, u just cant go wrong with the M chassis. and just watch out for 09. im sure CAT can easily build an 800 with over 150 or maybe even 160hp. its all about meeting EPA requirments from the factory. no matter how slow a cat or yamaha may be from the factory, theyre always gonna have the ability to be modded to be the baddest on the hill lol. its why people drive ol chevy muscle cars, because SBC parts are dirt cheap to make a good 400hp street car.

even tho the ford will make more with less!!!

Now that's funnny right there Cat build there own motor yep that's funny

S
Nov 27, 2007
xp

rode with a guy that has a new xp 154.2 be honest I was not that inpressed the first day....the second day it blew a bet after 60 miles.I am glad I talked him into bringing a spare.Again it could be rider,the second day he was onto it better.There are alot of variables,that is 4 sure BUT I don't think its as good as all the HYPE yet anyway.I ride a miled out 06 m7 and was not at all behind him ,somethimes higher.Again my 2 cents.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, CO
here is what needs to happen....

1 2008 m1000 sno pro 162 stock with a proper setup
1 2008 rev xp X 800r 163 stock with proper setup
1 2008 dragon 800 163 stock with proper setup

one rider, one hill, same day, same hour.
all with warmed up engines, but cool/clean clutches and belts
best of 3 runs

my guess is that on the hill the m1000 because it is just pure hp/torque
across the field who knows, they will all probably be pretty close. who knows, maybe the dragon will smoke the xp:eek:.....when you can get it! :D

in the end all are probably great sleds that will get you places you probably shouldnt be. i love my cat and im sure others love theirs cats, doos and poos.

Premium Features