• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where's the 9R sub-forum??

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Theres a 900 sub forum for that piece from 2005. Do you think we really need that still? I vote you punt that one out all together and replace it with the modern 9R if you think there's too many in polaris.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
If it's a good idea to create a 9R subforum, that'd suggest splitting the Matryx subforum into 9R, Boost, and 850/650. The idea of merging some of the older subforums to make more room would help, but from what I gather, that takes some work. Not saying splitting things up by motor is a totally bad idea for the current chassis, but you create a situation where either you'll have tons of subforums down the road, or somebody has to go in and merge them once they move out of the new hotness territory.

I'm not sure what it takes to merge subforums, but if it were simple, I think we'd have seen it happen from time to time. If I'm wrong about that, then the idea of splitting up the most current chassis into multiple subforums and merging them later makes some sense. If there are a lot of headaches involved, then keeping it chassis-specific doesn't bother me.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
It would be nice to separate into 9R, Boost, and 850/650, since they are all very different, and based on the way past engines have been their first year, we 850 people might have to wade through a bunch of posts to get to something worthwhile for the sled we ride . . ?

But on the other hand, there is a search feature on the site. :)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Not opposed
Just want to be SURE the Polaris Members REALLY want to create several more smaller forums.
The more we add, the more the Polaris Group tends to get broken up and isolated ONLY to the sled they are riding.

Heisenberg

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2012
Northern MN
I am against breaking it up, I still hate that the 800 and 850 Axys are in separate forums and think they should be combined now. So much information from good members gets split up and you end up having to watch multiple forums to follow everything. We made it a whole season with the Boost being included in the Matryx forum without any problems. I'm sure some non-boost riders got tired of seeing some of the big threads, but most of the posts was not engine related and relevant to everyone.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Aggregate sub-forums by chassis, not motor. It's easy enough to wade through the thread topic to discern a Boost vs. 9R vs. 850 motor or clutching topic. Would you add a 650 sub, a 600 sub - of course not. Volume alone doesn't justify it (while at the same time, there are way more 600/650s out there than Boost or 9Rs, by (Poo) design). New motors are exciting, thread topics go way beyond motor and clutching. More eyeballs in a sub-forum is good for the site, good for the viewer, and converts more guests to members. Want forum hell - take a stroll through dootalk.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I think you should merge all the forums into one. Ski Doo, Artic Cat, and Polaris should all be in the same forum. In today's day and age we are all about inclusion and everyone gets a trophy... ?️‍??

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Or combined with 22 late deliveries, fuel pump issues, resulting low miles, and 23 prices, we are giving Poo the Heisman?

[Street slang - Giving the Heisman: pushing away with one arm; communicating displeasure with past delivery and quality performance; telling Polaris fu]

Last edited:

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Or combined with 22 late deliveries, fuel pump issues, resulting low miles, and 23 prices, we are giving Poo the Heisman?
Oh yeah! They're going to nail it this year?
I think snow checking closing early is proof of our confidence in that!

I'm betting 9r will have early deliveries, lots of 1500-3000 1st season miles, and less than 2% warranty claims.

Man, 9R is going to be the ticket this coming season!!

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I prefer the 'by chasis' grouping. That way I can pick and choose from the currently active discussions and get a feeling for what's up with the new iron. after that, I can 'search' for specific topics as needed.

C
Dec 14, 2020
It would be nice to separate into 9R, Boost, and 850/650, since they are all very different, and based on the way past engines have been their first year, we 850 people might have to wade through a bunch of posts to get to something worthwhile for the sled we ride . . ?

But on the other hand, there is a search feature on the site. :)

There is so little traffic here that doesn't make any sense. It's not like there's 50 new threads and thousands of posts every day to sort through. There's about 10 active threads on any given day and you can easily use the forum software to keep track of anything you want to follow.

Premium Features