• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The 2024 scratchers work!

snosumitcsr

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trout Lake Washington
We have had 3 of them break now, not from going in reverse but trail was really crusty and broke all three on the same morning. The scratcher itself didn't break it was the bracket that the scratcher actually goes into that broke. Otherwise, best scratchers that we have used to date, keeps the temps down really well.

They defunded to add more material to the scratcher bracket. They work amazing but failed on the mount pot metal. Hope someone builds a new billet bracket soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryang85

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2020
Oregon/Norcal
Both of mine snapped off this weekend at the same point everyone is seeing. One each day, for no apparent reason. 700miles on the sled with maybe 20% of those miles with the scratchers actually down.

I will say I was fighting overheating all weekend every time I got on the trail for more than a mile without them there. I had to ditch bang to stay cool the whole way home from where we rode, especially when we dropped to lower elevations near the parking lot. they are pretty damn good at what they do but I would like something built a little better.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
They are pretty weak. Both our sleds had them break off last weekend on 10km trail rides in. Has the spring snap and also the pot metal mount.

T
Nov 11, 2008
I also broke a bracket and lost the scratcher yesterday. I found out everybody is out of stock and scratchers are on back order, must be happening a lot. I also learned you can’t just by a single right or left, you have to buy a pair!!

The cast brackets are garbage. Sucks because you loose the entire thing should there be a way to salvage it.

Someone with more equipment than me could probably make a decent billet piece that addresses the weak point as the material is super thin where it breaks.

B
Feb 17, 2019
Same story here with mine breaking at the weak point. Both broke within 2 miles of each other, with about 1,200 miles on the sled. I was able to find both of the springs, but that didn’t help me get out without the sled heating up.

Honestly Polaris…. You tested these with thousands of miles and didn’t have multiple scratchers break?? They better at least be covered under warranty.

Wonder if the 25’s will have stronger brackets added to the update list?

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
Sadly the cooling situation on the matrix chassis is a complete disaster.

Last week I spent the entire day on the side of the trail twiddling my thumbs waiting for the sled to cool down.

Hopefully this helps.

A 2023 165 matryx slash 2.jpgA 2023 165 matryx slash 3.jpgA 2023 165 matryx slash 1.jpg

B
Feb 17, 2019
I’ve used the cable clamp idea for years on the older style scratchers with good results. They will get knocked off so I’d carry extras. You’ll probably need them as close the tip as possible for them to throw snow up.

ryang85

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2020
Oregon/Norcal

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
My 155 stayed impressively cool without scratchers, every few miles I just leaned it over on its side off the trail and let it trench for 10 seconds and I was back to 110.
These guys would rather complain than have a solution.

I rode hard frozen spring snow mixed with dirt yesterday and no issue. I have no snow flap with only one scratcher on a slash tunnel. Drag a boot for a second or pull over and chainsaw in. It’s that easy.

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
I replaced the coolant with engine ice, road 50 miles and not one over heat on the T-23 Matrix, stock scratchers. I did put a flap on last year after I got it in March and every single ride I’d have to stop. One ride 5 weeks ago on groomed but frozen snow and not 1 over heat. Just got back from 2300 miles in Baja Mexico on my 501 motorcycle and very rarely heard my radiator fan run…swapped that out for engine ice as well. Its seems to work and i thought snake oil but im a solid believer now….. and I was thinking of a heat exchanger replacement on my sled. All the updates have been done and no issues except over heat, I did put a SLP can on it but its all stock

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I’ve wondered about engine ice. I have it in my bike that was always overheating until I put that in.

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
It works and I’m not sponsored or have any skin in this deal, I was gonna rip the sled apart for a longer exchanger, my buddy has the kit in the shop and is now rethinking his purchase

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
The king and the Queen, I took over a snow check, I’ll say that coming from a Yamaha I’m pretty happy, bike tank removed for stock, 5 gallon required in Baja

IMG_1367.jpeg IMG_1366.jpeg

A@ron

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2017
Wisconsin
It works and I’m not sponsored or have any skin in this deal, I was gonna rip the sled apart for a longer exchanger, my buddy has the kit in the shop and is now rethinking his purchase

Did you use the winter blend? If not share what stuff you used. Thanks

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I did get my dealer to step up and submit a warranty claim, and Polaris warranteed the scratchers. I will try tapping and threading the end that breaks off with a 1/4” bolt anchored to the rail. I’ll just keep my rails doubled up on each side with 4 accessible scratchers, 2 new style and 2 old school.

Premium Features