• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What track should I get? Please help!

J
Dec 3, 2010
Clarkston, wa
I have a 2002 Polaris vertical edge Rmk 800 with a 156 track. The sled has slp single pipe with can and y pipe, and slp intake. Also has big Bering and new crank with less then 1000 miles on it and motor has some mild porting and polish done. Along with v force 3 reeds. Needles to say the sled runs great, but the track is pretty torn up. I was wondering what is the widest track, and tallest I can run. I don't know much when it comes to tracks, so the more info you guys can give me the better? Is it possible to run a big wheel kit and get some more length? Or do I need to run track extensions? I would love to get some more length on the track. As I am a big guy. 260 and 6' 4". I have no problem throwing the 156 around. Thanks for all your help!

Last edited:
A

Andreas83

Feb 20, 2008
Norway
I extended my vertical escape from 159" to 162" by using a freedom axle and a 1" suspension setback. I mounted the axle the "wrong" way. Its supposed to move the 8" wheels up and forward. But i mounted it so it moves the 8" wheels up and back. In your case a 159" belt will fit if you do somthing simular. Other options are rail extensons, new rails or complete new suspension. But if u go longer then 159" u must have a tunnel extension.

Vendehjul.jpg Fra siden.jpg

Last edited:

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
You are also limited to paddle height of 2" max if you have not done a drop and roll, but heres the good news...get a camoplast extreme in the size 162-15 x 2" 2.52 pitch....but wait you say they dont make that track anymore !! not so call Kens sports and he has them as old stock leftovers for about 390 bucks new in box...it will drop in and work perfect for ya. part # 1602-810 there number is 920-788-0220 track lists for like 825 bucks so its a score. :drum::drum::drum::drum::drum:

A

Andreas83

Feb 20, 2008
Norway
I used a 162" 2.25" track. But it its a 3" pitch track. I used a pair of 7 tooth avid drivers. Could have fitted a 2.5" lug track without any problems. The suspension setback helps compansating the approach angle due to smaller drivers.

Ferdig drivaksel.jpg Klaring på belte.jpg

Premium Features