• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Older 500's and Riot

C
Dec 28, 2018
So I have 2017 fe 501... great bike... I run a 21 riot le and I could use some more track and power. Bike has velocity stack intake, fmf slip on and vortex ignition I got from best dual sport bikes back in 2017 when I deleted everything. Has their fuel rail, filter, grunt tube and whatever else they had for a delete kit. What would you guys do next. Can I get anything close to the new ones if I get head ported? Cams? High comp? Different maps? Now the track I see alot of 3" conversions but I also see alot of tore up 3" tracks lately plus it's 1300 CAD for track and 600 CAD for Cordova conversion with drivers and rail exstensions. Was thinking mabe a cut down cmx track instead then I only need rail extensions. Or possibly another 2.5" track of some kind. I ride northern BC so mostly deep light snow. Just looking for some opinions thanks.

Lachoneus

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2009
So I have 2017 fe 501... great bike... I run a 21 riot le and I could use some more track and power. Bike has velocity stack intake, fmf slip on and vortex ignition I got from best dual sport bikes back in 2017 when I deleted everything. Has their fuel rail, filter, grunt tube and whatever else they had for a delete kit. What would you guys do next. Can I get anything close to the new ones if I get head ported? Cams? High comp? Different maps? Now the track I see alot of 3" conversions but I also see alot of tore up 3" tracks lately plus it's 1300 CAD for track and 600 CAD for Cordova conversion with drivers and rail exstensions. Was thinking mabe a cut down cmx track instead then I only need rail extensions. Or possibly another 2.5" track of some kind. I ride northern BC so mostly deep light snow. Just looking for some opinions thanks.
I vote for a better/improved (CMX/Yeti?) 2.5" track as for most snow conditions, track speed more important than traction. No opinion/experience as far as your power-improving questions.

Premium Features