• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hard to steer/get on edge.

D
Jan 14, 2021
Hey guys I have a 2006 RMK 700. The previous owners have made some upgrades mods to this sled. It was Walker Evans piggy back front shocks, and a 153" rear skid from a 08 Artic Cat M8 with a big wheel kit and a 155" track. Some newer Polaris skis I believe they are Grippers. As well as a slew of motor parts from SLP.
I find at slow speed I have no problem turning but once I get moving fast I can barely turn the bars. It tracks nice and straight so I think my alignment is good.
I also find it's really hard to get on edge, or even have it lift the skis off the ground a little bit. The ski stance is set to its widest and I'm going to make that narrower today but I think there's more to it. Without alot of effort it wants to keep both skis planted on the snow. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Maybe too much ski pressure from that rear suspension mod... however, getting the newer style spindles off a 2008+ Dragon or RMK IQ-RAW is a go-to mod for those sleds IIRC

SixtySevenGT

Premium Member
Mar 25, 2008
Middleton, Idaho
Following - I have the same issue ----- GeEt on Stand on your Sled on hard ground can you tip it / rock it back and forth ?---------How Much ? ---------------------So tipping the Sled is a couple of things softer front suspension but still enough to hold up the Sled-- The front skid spring also holds up the sled. ----------- Jacking up the back of the sled also puts more pressure on the ski's. https://cdn.polarisportal.com/servi...9780/SuspensionQuickSet-UpGuide-540F1681.html

Premium Features