• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What sled are you buying for the 2011-2012 season?

WHAT SLED WILL YOU BUY FOR NEXT SEASON

• PRO RMK

Votes: 513 46.8%
  • XP

Votes: 173 15.8%
  • M SERIES

Votes: 282 25.7%
  • NITRO

Votes: 55 5.0%
  • OTHER

Votes: 74 6.7%

• Total voters

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
I will look for something dependable and bullet-proof that will last more than a half a season, something easy to work on in case it does break, something I can buy parts for on ebay for 10 cents on the dollar and something that costs less than my first house did, Since there is nothing like that being offered I'll probably look for another decent S-chassis 670 or maybe another ZX 7-800 Summit and build it the way I want it, of course that is not as easy as simply signing up for payments or writing out a big check but there are already enough posers out there.

SO if you have the means to buy a new sled and sign on the dotted line, you are considered a poser?

I had a 99' SummitX that I kept for almost 12 years, and it is time to move up to newer technology,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but I would hate to be labeled a "poser" LOL

cb2honk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Western iowa
He wants what he can't have, so he has to bash the people that do have. Because I'm sure if you put a new sled in front of him and a 10 year old sled in front of him, he would choose the new. HATERS, gotta love em'

T

TNytro162

Feb 6, 2011
Northern Colorado
Santa gonna put a MCX 240 turbo under my tree this summer for my 2010 nytro and maybe that new front end from Skinz..cant wait for next year:usa2::rockon:

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
Why is that?

One word, internet !!! Every issue gets blown way out of proportion on this forum and others like it. I recently sold my '06 900 RMK after six seasons of bullet-proof reliability and outstanding performance (gonna miss the torque of that engine). I took a serious hit on it even though it was a great machine with thousands of dollars in mods because of bashers and whiners on various forums. Many sleds have had issues, but generally not to the extent that you'd think from reading the forums. I believe what I learned in a customer satisfaction course years ago. On average, if someone is unhappy with a product or service, they will tell ten people. On the other hand, if someone is completely happy with a product or service, on average, they will tell one person. Do the math. In this internet age, it is very easy for a product to get a bad rap, even if it is not totally justified.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
One word, internet !!! Every issue gets blown way out of proportion on this forum and others like it. I recently sold my '06 900 RMK after six seasons of bullet-proof reliability and outstanding performance (gonna miss the torque of that engine). I took a serious hit on it even though it was a great machine with thousands of dollars in mods because of bashers and whiners on various forums. Many sleds have had issues, but generally not to the extent that you'd think from reading the forums. I believe what I learned in a customer satisfaction course years ago. On average, if someone is unhappy with a product or service, they will tell ten people. On the other hand, if someone is completely happy with a product or service, on average, they will tell one person. Do the math. In this internet age, it is very easy for a product to get a bad rap, even if it is not totally justified.

And your case really is a special one, cause I had 3 primaries, 2 cranks, and a set of cylinders for 900's on the shelf at work.....why? Because I sell em! There isn't one 900 in Kamloops that's held together......
Another fun fact.....900 was produced for 2 years and wasn't the greatest seller. I sold more parts for 900 Polaris sleds this season than I did for the ZX and S-Chassis crowds. And that's a pretty large segment most of the time. Although you had great success with your 900......the majority really are lemons. And that's not internet hype.....I see it every winter coming through my door.......

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
No need to buy new this year. Last year I bought the best sled I have ever owned, a 2011 Pro RMK 155. 700 miles of pure fun. Maybe in the future, I'll throw a turbo on it (when I can afford it...ha ha).

J

jasonrev

Jan 28, 2008
Burns Lake B.C.
2012 Assault w/powder track for me.

BINGO! Get rid of that track! It's awfull for mountain riding. Way too stiff. Reminded me of the old challenger light days on my xrs. I think I will stay faithfull to doo and buy a used etech. I got a line on a used one with 180 miles on it. Will use the money I save on buying used to do a 162x3" track.!

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Snowchecked a Pro Assault 155 with the 5.1 powder track as well.. FUGLY graphics but killer sled !!:face-icon-small-ton

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta

Yah! it sure does'nt take long for word to spread with the internet. My 08 Dragon has been a very good sled, but the bad reputation Polaris engines have make it a hard sell. Going to take a big loss on it but the new ride is so worth it!!!

Last edited:
C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
settling for a 07 dragon 700 since i had to purchase a truck. Was gonna get a pro :(

Latitude 62

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2008
Summit Lake, Alaska
No doubts!

I ordered the M8 Sno Pro in Orange and 162 length. I liked the changes that were made. Chaincase is 5% more efficient than the Diamond drive. The clutching is improved, specifically the larger diameter driven. The rear skid geometry is different, which was a sorely needed change. I can't wait to try the new front end, reports are that it is great. The Suzuki motor is awesome. Most of all, I think the thing looks like a Saber Toothed Tiger! Bummer, looks like I have to change my Avatar! :becky:

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING
Test rode the 11' Pro and XP back to back for a day each and needless to say I snow checked a 154" XP.
Coming off of a 2002 Polaris RMK 800 151 I found the XP easier to sidehill and all around a better sled then the Pro. I perfered my friends 09 Dragon to the new pro even, just wasn't impressed at all with the Pro even though I had it in my mind I wanted a Pro before riding both.

First time ive ever heard someone prefer the iq over the pro...

Premium Features