• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What should the fuel pressure be on 07 800r?

M

mathiowetz

Sep 14, 2011
Casper, Wy.
I am in the process of troubleshooting a wot bog at 7500 that brings me back to a standstill, and a occasional hanging idle. Motor and clutches have only 200 miles since rebuild this summer by big John and has been running strong on previous rides. I decided to check fuel pressure, carbs off and pulling the rope. I am only getting 2-2.5 psi. It also bleeds off after a couple of minuets. I can't seem to find a spec in the manual or forums. Also is there a fuel filter in the fuel outlet of the tank? Read in a forum that there was no filter even though parts schematic shows one. I have checked that the raves open all 3 positions, electrical, and vacuum connections, carb boots, reeds. I have put a battery on the dpm and could hear it click. Going to open and clean carbs tomorrow, any other thoughts to check for trouble shooting would be appreciated.

Last edited:
V

Vailguy

Apr 24, 2008
Foothills
Does it happen all the way through the pull? Once after a rebuild I was strong for about 30 seconds started looking at starving for fuel. Turned out to be a kinked vent line. Vapor lock, info your gas cap and see if that helps the situation.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

M

mathiowetz

Sep 14, 2011
Casper, Wy.
Does it happen all the way through the pull? Once after a rebuild I was strong for about 30 seconds started looking at starving for fuel. Turned out to be a kinked vent line. Vapor lock, info your gas cap and see if that helps the situation.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

The sled takes off strong like normal, then starts to bog out around 6800 rpm, and will only reach 7500 rpm then back to 4000 have to stop and then it will take off strong again and run ok if I don't go over half throttle. I have also flipped the choke during the bog to see if it helps but it makes no difference. It idles and starts fine. On the other hand the plugs were dark and it almost smells like it is running rich while idling. Took fuel line off the fuel pump tonight and fuel ran out pretty fast so I know its not the screen inside the tank. Never got into the carbs yet. This sled sat for two years prior to me buying it and fixing it this summer so I'm trying to check everything.

M

mathiowetz

Sep 14, 2011
Casper, Wy.
Turns out it was my primary clutch. The bushing in the governer cup was found rattling around inside the spring. This was the sound I thought was detonation. The rollers and pins were wore out also. Clutch had less than 200 miles on its rebuild so it was the last thing I though to look at.

Premium Features