• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Weight loss questions

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
You can but the dirt is freakin rough on the broadheads.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

R

Ryanlilly

Jan 18, 2011
Enumclaw, Washington
...seen a bunch of fat ones....they can pork out on bad carbs. Plus most of them have no muscle and have fawked up health because they lack good protein.

Sorry don't agree, and that article makes you wrong as well. It says whey protein is the best. It says eggs are BV 100 and meats, dairy, poultry and fish are BV 70-100 and I guarantee the fish is a 100. So maybe eggs and fish are pretty equal.

Yes, that article does state that whey is higher, but out of food that is not "engineered" eggs have the highest bioavailability.

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
If you really want to loose weight fast spend $100 and do HCG for 2 weeks. It will be the most painful miserable weeks of your life but you will loose 1 pound per day. Follow the guidelines exactly and no cheating or it wont work and its not worth it if you arnt loosing a pound a day. After 2 weeks on the diet you will not want to eat anything unhealthy ever again becasue you will never want to go on the diet again. It works and works fast if you dont cheat. My wife wanted to do it but not alone so I did it with her and she went from 140 to 130 in a week. I went from 183.6 to 168.8 in 15 days.

M

MPS

Easy....low/no carbs. Eat meat. As much as you want...beef, chicken, as much saled and vegetables as you want. You will lose about 1lb a day and it will be fat you are losing. After a couple days you will be in "ketosis" and every movement, heartbeat etc...will be running off of your fat reserves....the more you work out the quicker you will lose fat.
I've done it a few times over the years. You will feel VERY energetic when your body adjusts....hardest part is getting past the bread cravings.
If you do this and are going to do something more than a normal gym workout you would want to eat some good carbs about 1 hr previous to help your stamina.
Some will say it's not healthy....I've done blood work on both a so-called "healthy" diet and again on the low-carb/high fat and cholesterol diet (for 4 months) and the results were the opposite of what people would think....blood work on low carb was MUCH better!!...lower bad cholesterol higher good cholesterol.

Yes the Atkins diet is good....this is basically what was trying to get you to do...low carbs and high protein. I have never followed the Atkins diet to a tee though....when I want to lose weight I cut out as much carbs as I can. If I do eat carbs it is whole grains...no white starchy stuff...it is hard when I crave a baked potato at a restaurant. I am actually doing this right now as well PJ....we can do it together...lol.

WYsteph

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WY
www.dxgillette.com
A couple of thoughts...

First, try not to focus on what you shouldn't eat, gets too depressing. Try to be positive about what you do like and keep that stuff on hand and stocked up! Salads are great, put some of that elk steak on top and you won't even want dressing.

Second, the reason diets don't work for a lot of people is that they are too drastic and not sustainable in real life. Small changes and keep it so that you can really live with those changes. Losing and gaining weight is hard on your body, try to keep things consistent.

Exercising is only a small portion of your day. What you do with the rest of your time makes a huge difference. Just little things like taking out the trash, cleaning up your toolbox, just keeping moving in general. Develop a certain nervousness... lol. Seriously though most of the thin people I know fidget, pace, etc.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
What about fiber supplements? Does that help some?

Took the night off as I guess I was pretty out of shape and I walked a bunch at work today. Pretty dang sore from running inclines and punching bags.

MPS, what are you at? If there isn't any white breads, tortillas or bagels in the house, I won't eat them. The *****ty deal will be Thanksgiving.

R

RMK7SledHead

Oct 20, 2001
Took the night off as I guess I was pretty out of shape and I walked a bunch at work today. Pretty dang sore from running inclines and punching bags.

Taking a night off is fine, but you can't just not do anything. Get your fat-a$$ on that treadmill and WALK 1.5 more miles. Then stretch.

I don't care how far you "walked" at work today. You have to keep the mindset of "working out" at home. You didn't "walk" hard at work...your mind wasn't thinking "this is a workout"...your mind was thinking "damn I hate walking." You NEED to be thinking "I have to keep this LIFESTYLE CHANGE going, and that means 'working out' at home EVERY SINGLE DAY."

Sorry about the fat-a$$ comment...I'm a guy who's motivated by guilt and beatings...thought maybe you were too...fat-a$$... :baby: :face-icon-small-hap

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Taking a night off is fine, but you can't just not do anything. Get your fat-a$$ on that treadmill and WALK 1.5 more miles. Then stretch.

I don't care how far you "walked" at work today. You have to keep the mindset of "working out" at home. You didn't "walk" hard at work...your mind wasn't thinking "this is a workout"...your mind was thinking "damn I hate walking." You NEED to be thinking "I have to keep this LIFESTYLE CHANGE going, and that means 'working out' at home EVERY SINGLE DAY."

Sorry about the fat-a$$ comment...I'm a guy who's motivated by guilt and beatings...thought maybe you were too...fat-a$$... :baby: :face-icon-small-hap

LOL. My work is on top of Ute Pass, Colorado. My office is outside and "walking" entails carrying survey equipment up and down steep hills, now in the snow.

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
Lots of different theories on here...and probably lots of different results too. I always cringe when I see "diets". Your diet should be what you eat every day for the rest of your life. I think it is the only way you will be able to sustain it. Personally, I love cookies, brownies, beer, ice cream, cheese, bread, all the "bad stuff". I just limit my intake on it. I also love elk steak, egg white omelettes, avocados, almonds, grilled chicken salads, shrimp, bulgur, cayenne pepper, etc. I think there is enough info out there for you to make solid choices on what you put in your mouth. As far as exercise goes, I like the fact you are using inclines and boxing, kind of a Rocky 5 workout. Good for you for trying to get back into shape. The best part is how much EASIER and FUN it is to do the things you like to do. Sledding and Hunting fun factor will go up dramatically. Keep it up.

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
Contests motivate me - putting $ on the line that I don't want to lose.

For this last one we went by %

My sister had a baby in May and wanted to get back in shape, her husband and some of our other riding group joined in.

$100 buy in, and the penalty was $100 for every % that you did not lose (everyone had to lose 10%) - Winner got the buy in money and everyone that made the cut split any of the penalty money.

We weighed in on June 18th and ran the contest until Oct 30th. Everyone lost the 10%. I dropped just over 24 lbs and I am within 7 lbs of where I was when I played HS football (weight is in a few different places now - but I feel better now than I have in years)

The treadmill was my weapon of choice - I work from home so I just went downstairs and ran over my lunch break each day. 2, 3, 4 miles at a 7mph pace is where I was comfortable. I would also mix in some incline walks on some days and do some abs and high rep weights once in a while.

I am a numbers guy - so I kept track of my weight each day that I worked out and the number of miles that I put in each day. Over the course of our 135 day contest - I put in 285 miles on the treadmill.

Diet wise - I quit soda a few years ago, I still like to drink beers on the weekends at the lake so that probably held me up a few pounds. The big thing for me was portion control and cutting the extra crap out. I was pretty strict during the week, and would eat a little more on the weekends as a "treat".

Now the goal is to maintain or even lose some more over the holidays......

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
tell your wife or GF its a seroius that you loose alot of weight and that the DR game you a persription for lots more Love making.:face-icon-small-hap

riggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggght. :rolleyes:

I re-broke my toe last night falling down the stairs while carrying my son to bed. So I think that makes things a little harder. Time to get some gloves and beat the tar outta my bag for an hour.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
riggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggght. :rolleyes:

I re-broke my toe last night falling down the stairs while carrying my son to bed. So I think that makes things a little harder. Time to get some gloves and beat the tar outta my bag for an hour.

You are going to have to focus on the eating side then. If you have access to a gym / weight machine you can do quite a bit of exercising still. Maybe do bicycle machine instead of running.. You got options!!

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
any updates pj? you been working out and eating healthy?

D

Disco Dan Richter

Nov 27, 2007
Me no snow ta
www.grandgarages.com
HCG works if you can follow it. I met a guy who was diagnosed diabetic, and had to lose 50 or more asap or go on insulin.
He went from 290 to 238 in two months, unreal what he looks like.
My wife is doing it and me being the supportive hubby that I am, will be doing it alongside.
I just bought a half beef, a whole pig, shot one elk and one deer. And I cant eat them since this diet restricts calories so much. What is a guy to do? If I cant cheat, I am screwed!

S

sled-fiend

Nov 27, 2006
Victoria, BC
www.raintek.ca
HCG works if you can follow it. I met a guy who was diagnosed diabetic, and had to lose 50 or more asap or go on insulin.
He went from 290 to 238 in two months, unreal what he looks like.
My wife is doing it and me being the supportive hubby that I am, will be doing it alongside.
I just bought a half beef, a whole pig, shot one elk and one deer. And I cant eat them since this diet restricts calories so much. What is a guy to do? If I cant cheat, I am screwed!

Google "wheat belly" and you will have your answer. Eat as much meats, cheese, nuts, veggies as you like. I read the book, very interesting stuff and the proof is in the pudding;)

Premium Features