• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Valemount...best place to stay?

K
Dec 13, 2007
Innisfail,AB
Hey guys,
My buddy's and I are trying to get a trip set up to Valemount for the start of March. Just wondering where the best place's to stay would be. We'd like to stay someplace where we can snowmobile right from the cabin. I remember seeing a vid about some mountainside bed and breakfast, on sled trails tv or something. But, I cant find it anymore. I've looked into Terracana and it looks like a pretty good deal, but I just wanted to know if there's a place there like I stated above.
Thanks,
Adam

5STAR

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Eastern Alberta
All of the major riding is done a ways out of town, I think there is a trail on the west side of town but I don't recall it hooking up to any of the popular riding with bowls and meadows, just a trail. When are group is in town we generally stay at the Canoe Mountain Lodge, Breakfast across the street, walking distance to the loose moose(good food and big screen tv's) also to A&W and pretty good parking in the back of the lodge. Lots of other good places also, hope this helps.:beer;:beer;:beer;

Jan 13, 2008
The Terracana is an excellent place to stay. Good food, big cabins, games room and you can park your truck at your front door. Lisa will totally take care of you.Two thumbs up.

U
Jan 17, 2008
Hinton Alberta
The Terrancana is nice, but is a longer ways to drive to Valemount or McBride. The Holiday Inn is a nice place to stay. It has a restaurant, pool and hot tub. The only ad part is it is just a little ways out of town. If you have too many at the Moose, make sure you have a ride back. Don't even think of driving.

Luke The Drifter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
The Terrancana is nice, but is a longer ways to drive to Valemount or McBride. The Holiday Inn is a nice place to stay. It has a restaurant, pool and hot tub. The only ad part is it is just a little ways out of town. If you have too many at the Moose, make sure you have a ride back. Don't even think of driving.

The Holiday Inn is now the Best Western. There are lots of places to stay in Valemount but I've yet to see a "ride from your doorstep" kind of place due to the major riding areas being 30km+ away.

S

Sparx

Dec 23, 2007
Fort McMurray, Alberta
Man, I'm really confused now. I realized the Holiday Inn changed names to Best Western but was told there was a Holiday Inn still in Valemount so I called their number and they passed on the number for the location. I call, someone answers to Holiday Inn and I book a room. Sure hope I have a room when I go down there. What's the first hotel in town on the left, maybe that is the new Holiday Inn? I'm heading down on the 15th!

U

U turn

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
Ardrossan, AB
Confused

Man, I'm really confused now. I realized the Holiday Inn changed names to Best Western but was told there was a Holiday Inn still in Valemount so I called their number and they passed on the number for the location. I call, someone answers to Holiday Inn and I book a room. Sure hope I have a room when I go down there. What's the first hotel in town on the left, maybe that is the new Holiday Inn? I'm heading down on the 15th!

Sent you a pm regarding rooms. We are riding 13-14-15th to avoid the long weekend rush. Should be some fellow Snowester's in town that might be able to show you around.:beer;

S

Sparx

Dec 23, 2007
Fort McMurray, Alberta
I know the areas pretty good, been there about 10 times now. Going with some newbies so I'm sure I can't venture off too far with 136X2" tracks.

I figured out the whole deal with the Hotel. The foreign guy on the other end couldn't understand my Canadian accent and thought I said Vernon, BC instead of Valemount. So go that straigtened out, now staying at the Canadian Lodge at the other end of town, see how it is there, haven't stayed there yet. Of course all the other 6 places I normally stay were booked solid. I happen to always choose the busy weekends, I normally try to go during the week as well, even though the trails seem rougher then with the groomer not running Tues-Thursday. Is that still the case?

S

Sparx

Dec 23, 2007
Fort McMurray, Alberta
How can you support that business if they are booked solid? I called 6 places before I found rooms available. I'm sure I went through the VARDA list.

U

U turn

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
Ardrossan, AB
How can you support that business if they are booked solid? I called 6 places before I found rooms available. I'm sure I went through the VARDA list.

Is it Spring Break you are going? We never have trouble getting rooms mid week, just weekends. Not sure about the Canadian this year. Make sure they turn the hot tub up in the morning or it will be luke warm when you get back.:mad:

I'll post some pics of this weeks snow for everyone headin up for te weekend.:D

S

Sparx

Dec 23, 2007
Fort McMurray, Alberta
Yeah, couldn't be picky this round, had to deal with what I got and that's the only place I found rooms. I'll be sure to check out the Hottub and keep an eye on the room service as well. We booked for the weekend right after your heading down, so the pictures will come in handy as well! Thanks

S
Nov 30, 2007
centralBC
So there's no real best place to stay in Valemount.
Basicaly where ever you can find a room.
We stayed at the Terracanna couple months ago.
The only place you can park at your real front door is not a cabin, it's more right beside the main entrance. All the other cabins are 4 cabins in one in a row. With barely enough room to fit two trucks in the parkingat the end of the row, let alone a trailer. And it is on the other side of town, about 20 minutes. you have to go back to town.
But if you want to go to McBride, I think it is as close to the Valemount riding areas from the Resort.
Nice rooms and quiet, if you don't have any party next rooms. Only logs separating the rooms so you can really hear what's going on next door.
Good riding.

S

Sparx

Dec 23, 2007
Fort McMurray, Alberta
Our group will be staying at the Terracana at the end of Feb for a week. I really enjoyed the Cougar Mountain Lodge with Sue Marko. The food was top notch and the beds and rooms couldn't be any better in my opinion. The whole place is great, nice hottub, nice bathrooms, you name it. She's even great about lending out her warmed garage to work on sleds too! The location is great. The only thing I wouldn't be sure off is being stuck in that cabin with another group. We had booked the whole cabin to ourselves for a week. Oh, and the drying room downstairs can't be beat either! Great place, just books real quick, located right before you enter Valemount on your left heading south.

B
Jan 26, 2008
Hey we stayed at a bed and breakfast place a couple years ago just outside of town cant remember the name of it. Any who we had a group of six and it was the best place ive ever stayed it was dirt cheap and you could sleep up to 12 there they also had a heated garage attatched the house to wrench if you have to and a hot tub outside the door the hospitality was great and they packed lunch for us every day. I wish i could remember the name of that place i think you had to take pine road to get to it anyone know what im talkin about??

Premium Features