• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Rt 1000

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
hey guys so im goin at er this year, so i hope it works out.... but heres some pics so far.... i am kind of concerned about my turbo but i will run it and see how it works... if it works, but i want to say a big thanks to PYROMARTY , SLEDING4LIFE , and SNOW4SHOVER , With out their help, i would not be able to get this done!, aside from that i will see how it all works out ha ha,

i am doing a few things different from pyromarty, i have some aftermarket domes, milled out and 1.3mm cylinder gasket with a squish of 96 thou, and also running EGT as to o2 sensor, which if i get a lean condition which i believed to have occured with pyro, i should see it coming... i hope, also running a Dobeck performance fuel controller that senses boost and adjusts fueling, also NO EXTRA injectors, so i will progressively as i get stuff done, add more pics and such, Currently modifying the exhaust stuff, and then should not be long after that untill start up

IMG_1246.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
what is the turbo and why are you concerned??

its a OBX dual ball bearing, cant remember the sizes, but its got a big compressor, but kind of small on the exhaust side, kind of like a 3082??? but exhaust of a 2860 basically, ha ha, i plan to actually get a 3082 or 3086 but right now this turbo will have to do

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
weld the wastegate shut and get an external, then you should be good to go with that one even if it is a hair on the tight side.

get some specs up and we shall see what it looks lile.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
well, at 3 pounds boost, and aside from some fueling issue she ran cool also would not get above when the RAVE valves open, it would not get higher in rpm, was stuck at 6500 or 7000 ish, about 1000F max, but it was not bad.... but then about 2.5 km from the vehicle, or 10 mins, the turbo went, hear it rubbin and shaft play, no boost, felt down my intake and shaft play :(

ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A TURBO? thats used or something but will work?

G
Apr 23, 2008
Oh boy,,, let me look around..give me a few days...

what I have seen is the knock offs SAY they are dual ball but in reality are ball on the comp side and PLAIN on the turbine end.. thats why they fail so fast.. need 30 psi to live..your issue was all turbo....get a 3076..

I just bought a nice brandi new for 1200 check the classifieds too

T

Team Voodoo

Aug 20, 2009
If this was a new turbo I would be checking for oil pressure. If it was used then who knows.

I Can't see a turbo only lasting 2.5 km if it was new , knock off or no knock off. We put knock offs in high mile diesels and they live. So before installing another turbo and possibly losing that one to double check oill pressure. Jounrnal bearing turbos have been around for a long time.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
it was brand spankin new, i was told and i asked before buying IS IT DOUBLE BALL BEARING? the person told me yep, its a double ball bearing turbo, and when i 1st picked it up bearings where rough, but then i put oil in and it was fine, and they also said that was "normal" so i am going to bitch them out and hope i get some money back atleast, i didnt even get 1 trip, or 2 or 3, just 10 minutes.... of trail riding....

turbo also had oil going to it, thats for sure...

G
Apr 23, 2008
I.ve got access to a precision 3076 .84 hot side, dual ball used .
My friend is a Honda car nut and has builds lots of turbo cars for the locals..

Has 1 We can have for 775 bux.. external gate...

Gus

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I.ve got access to a precision 3076 .84 hot side, dual ball used .
My friend is a Honda car nut and has builds lots of turbo cars for the locals..

Has 1 We can have for 775 bux.. external gate...

Gus

ok, good to know, and as far as adjusting boost by a external wastegate, how does that work? by a spring? or can you some how adjust them on the go?

i dont know them external wastegates too much, have yet to deal with 1

G
Apr 23, 2008
yup spring and or manual or elcetric boost controller
we'll see what your supplier says first. they should give you another. 2nd times a charm ya know..

Gus

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
i doubt they will, i have a feeling i will be completely out of my money on that turbo, i purchased it this years september, and have not used it since or nothing, until this snowmobile yesterday, so i guess i will see, i preferably just want my money back i guess, should of gotten a garret in the 1st place, even a used 1 would of lasted longer then this,

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
i sent yeah a email gus, and saying how it would appear i wont be getting nothing from them, also looking deeper into it, they have a horrible rating from the "better business bureau" and other places, not sure how i missed this when i was buying it!, but yeah check your email ha ha

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
Bummer new man
So tI see them domes got there for ya eh!!
Good luck on the rest of it

I have a core cylinder for that if you want to pay shipping I will send it to ya, To have redone for a spare.??? Let me know

Otherwise I will scrap it.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
so. i think you all want a video, the thing felt stupid fast.... it might of hit as high as 8 or 9 pounds of boost, geeze i would of thought that i would ofh ad more exhaust pressure wanting to escape but apparently not... so had troubles keeping the boost down, got to about 5 or 6 i think,

heres a video, gopro does not let you hear what i do, you do kind of hear the turbo making the windy sound or w/e i call it, and cant really hear the blow off, but it sounds SWEET!

the video should be in hd later when youtube finishes i guess the hd version of the video, apparently,

Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VaAoJrHdnQ

Oh and the engine dont run no more btw :face-icon-small-fro

Premium Features