• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TSS switch failure symptoms

G
Jul 10, 2020
So I'm pretty sure I have an issue with my TSS switch but haven't had time to check it today, Damn sleds wore me out just getting them started and off the trailer. My 09 turbo RMK runs like a champ but the 860 big bore was a little bit of a beast to start this moring.

What I ran into with the 09 RMK 860 is it idles and revs fine then at around 3600 when the clutch starts to engage it acts like the ign is killed, let off the throttle quick enough and it catches and keeps running if not it shuts down and will restart with ease.
Seems to have plenty of power but it pretty much shuts off just as the clutch closes.

I did notice there is a lot of slack in the cable, probably 1/2 inch maybe a little more free play at the thumb lever to housing.
Guess my question is am I barking up the right tree with the throttle TSS switch ?

Sorry for such a long way around to the question but I'm high on race gas fumes ATM and worn out from dragging a sled off the trailer.

G
Jul 10, 2020
Got her sorted out, once I had a wiring diagram it was pretty straight forward.
From the cable being out of adjustment and someone had been in the TSS switch housing and either left something out or I don't know what but the tss switch was floating inside the housing
so the throttle lever pin never made contact with the switch .

Took a little while to figure out what was missing inside the housing and had to make a space to hold the switch in place but that was it, TSS switch fault.

I've got a Boondocker turbo sled and this carl's 860 big bore, I love the throttle response on the big bore.
Bought both of them this summer and have been waiting for snow to finally get to ride them and really see what they fell like.
Thing runs like a raped ape now.

Premium Features