• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016-occasional low end bog

J
Mar 31, 2012
Mancos, CO
sled is a 2016 Pro RMK 800 155, I bought it brand new and it has around 1300 miles. Never had any issues with this sled before. The problem is that occasionally when I start the sled up it won't want to go over 4500 RPM for a few seconds, no matter how much throttle I'm giving it. After a few seconds of hitting the throttle t's like the problem goes away and the sled will run normal. Then if I slow back down or come to a stop it will bog again for a few seconds, and then it's fine. A few times when I've felt the bog come on after starting the sled, I'll shut it off and then restart it and it will run fine upon restart. On two other occasions while riding down the trail it had issues and felt like it was missing, or running on one cylinder, and no matter how much throttle I was giving it, it didn't want to go over 6500 rpm.

The weird thing is that 95% of the time the sled runs totally great. I cleaned the power valves before the season began and have only ridden this sled 5-6 times this year. I'm running the TSS bypass switch now, I put it in after the first time I felt the bog and thought that was the problem, but it wasn't. I'm thinking It's got to be something electrical, a bad relay perhaps?

Premium Features