• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 800 PRO RMK Stalling Issues

06 Dragon

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
Central Alberta
I have a 2012 800 pro rmk thats keeps stalling. Prepped it for the first ride of the year to the mountains. Tested it out here at home everything seemed fiNE. Loaded up and headed to the mountains. About 5 Km up the trail it shut down just like I turned off the key. Pulled the rope and started again continued on up the trail, only to have this happen several more times. Seemed everytime it would stall, I would have to wait longer before I could restart it and it would run for a shorter length of time. Changed out plugs on the trail twice to new plugs. Adjusted the throttle free play. Disconnected the tether. Checked many other connections. Non of which made it better. When it did start you could give it throttle and let it idle again then it would shut down. Ended up towing it back down and pushing it I to the trailer. The next day we worked on it in the trailer. First we started it. Fired up on the second pull. Ran for a good while before it died. Could vary the throttle position no problem. I have a spare ecu, coils, VR swapped them out and still the same problem. Disconnected the connection to the tail light.still the same. Disconnected the TSS, no difference. The fuel pump was changed out a couple of years ago.
Think maybe the stator?
The sled is a turbo. The builders of the turbo kit came by to assist. Disconnected their equipment and still no different. It also has the headlight deleted and a rigid d series light on its own switch.

Premium Features