• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

TSS switch failure symptoms

Jul 10, 2020
So I'm pretty sure I have an issue with my TSS switch but haven't had time to check it today, Damn sleds wore me out just getting them started and off the trailer. My 09 turbo RMK runs like a champ but the 860 big bore was a little bit of a beast to start this moring.

What I ran into with the 09 RMK 860 is it idles and revs fine then at around 3600 when the clutch starts to engage it acts like the ign is killed, let off the throttle quick enough and it catches and keeps running if not it shuts down and will restart with ease.
Seems to have plenty of power but it pretty much shuts off just as the clutch closes.

I did notice there is a lot of slack in the cable, probably 1/2 inch maybe a little more free play at the thumb lever to housing.
Guess my question is am I barking up the right tree with the throttle TSS switch ?

Sorry for such a long way around to the question but I'm high on race gas fumes ATM and worn out from dragging a sled off the trailer.

Jul 10, 2020
Got her sorted out, once I had a wiring diagram it was pretty straight forward.
From the cable being out of adjustment and someone had been in the TSS switch housing and either left something out or I don't know what but the tss switch was floating inside the housing
so the throttle lever pin never made contact with the switch .

Took a little while to figure out what was missing inside the housing and had to make a space to hold the switch in place but that was it, TSS switch fault.

I've got a Boondocker turbo sled and this carl's 860 big bore, I love the throttle response on the big bore.
Bought both of them this summer and have been waiting for snow to finally get to ride them and really see what they fell like.
Thing runs like a raped ape now.

Premium Features