• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TRAILER QUESTION: Which do you prefer and WHY? Trailswest or Logan Coach???

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
How far do you want to travel for a truck? My wife works at a pretty large ford dealership and they have multiple dealerships. She said they are starting to see more new trucks coming in. I do see more new truck sitting on the lot when I drive by.

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
Like NorthMNSledder said the dealer ships in the Midwest seems to be getting more inventory. I'm see more new trucks on the lots.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
How far do you want to travel for a truck? My wife works at a pretty large ford dealership and they have multiple dealerships. She said they are starting to see more new trucks coming in. I do see more new truck sitting on the lot when I drive by.
I am here in Idaho Falls.
I would have no issues traveling to Boise or Salt Lake City when the time comes if needed.

N

nickPSD

Jan 27, 2008
Sioux Falls, SD
Any updates on this?

So here is the current game plan for this summer.
Logan Coach is going to build SnoWest a one off project trailer.
Much to my surprise the vast overwhelming majority of snowmobile trailers they sell are Goosenecks.
Only 12% are Bumper Pull!
(And chances are this is a result of the weight of these trailers)

So we are going to team up with them and see if we can build a trailer that is just as "Stout" as the current one, but more friendly for towing with a Bumper Pull rather than a Gooseneck.

Having spent several hours walking through and WATCHING these trailer be manufactured, I can ATTEST to the fact they are WILDLY OVER-ENGINEERED and totally understand why they LAST FOREVER. I was SOO impressed with their attention to detail, even their electrical wiring harnesses were DONE RIGHT using legit pre-built sealed harnesses that run from the front to the rear of the trailers without using any of those nasty Splice Connectors.

Their background in building high end Horse and Cattle trailers bleeds over into everything they do. The trailers are just wickedly STRONG.

((just an aside. Their roofs are built to withstand a horse bucking its rear legs UP INTO THE ROOF!! When they took me through the roofing section they took particular joy in inviting me to WALK and DANCE on the roof knowing with absolute certainty that I couldn't damage it. OVERBUILT MAYBE JUST A BIT FOR SNOWMOBILING??))

Next week we will begin specing out the new trailer.
But my goal is the shortest trailer that we can squeeze 3-165 track mountain sleds into.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Any updates on this?
oh ya.
Wow, didn't realize I ever posted a mid-summer update.
Logan bailed on me.
They sent me a letter in the middle of the summer that they had decided NOT to move forward with a new lightweight trailer and prefered to remain manufacturing what they had been for the last many years.

Thus the trailer would likely exceed the capabilities of my F150 and would require an upgrade to an F250 or F350.

Not wanting to sell my 2yr old truck we parted ways as amicably as possible.

Should I decide to bail out on my F150 and go back to an F250, they would be happy to continue on the project.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Logan. Tw quality is horrendous. Haven’t seen a Logan in person but ANYTHING is better than tw.

Premium Features