• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How do I ride? I have the bike, installed the kit, but don't know how to ride.HELP!

Snowman269

Lifetime Membership
Nov 13, 2010
CO, MN, MI
I just want to ride, that is all. Like Grand Funk Railroad sang, "Ride Captain Ride, on your Mystery Ship . . . "

Dang it man, now I have that song in my head! It's a good song, but it's late and it'll keep me from precious rest.

On a different note, I was legitimately concerned about your ability to ride, idling 3rd gear. I was thinking, dang, I need to help this guy because buying a 500 Beta is like handing a 15 year old the keys to a New Lamborghini Gallardo, that's a recipe for Demolition Manford Man, ya kno, Murder Death Kill and all that???????? sheeeeezz louise Thelma..

But hey, I don't want to put a hole in your Bucket List dear lyza dear lyza...

I grew up riding Dirt Bikes, got into motocross (I'm a C rider, nothing to brag about) I love the Enduro trails, it's my passion. Then I bought a Timbersled, and it's somewhere between a dirtbike, a snowmobile and a Personal Watercraft. I say watercraft because there are times when you need to give it more throttle because you are tipping over and going to fall off, just grab a handfull of throttle an hang on! The Snowbike will power out and stand back up. :juggle:

I basically only ride with Sleds, as one guy in our group bought a Snowbike and quickly went back to a Sled. So I bought it. I can't wait to ride, but it looks like it'll be 2018 before I ride again. I'm tempted to join the Cooke City group ride meet and greet, we'll see. :playball:

B
I just want to ride, that is all. Like Grand Funk Railroad sang, "Ride Captain Ride, on your Mystery Ship . . . "

Dang it man, now I have that song in my head! It's a good song, but it's late and it'll keep me from precious rest.

On a different note, I was legitimately concerned about your ability to ride, idling 3rd gear. I was thinking, dang, I need to help this guy because buying a 500 Beta is like handing a 15 year old the keys to a New Lamborghini Gallardo, that's a recipe for Demolition Manford Man, ya kno, Murder Death Kill and all that???????? sheeeeezz louise Thelma..

But hey, I don't want to put a hole in your Bucket List dear lyza dear lyza...

I grew up riding Dirt Bikes, got into motocross (I'm a C rider, nothing to brag about) I love the Enduro trails, it's my passion. Then I bought a Timbersled, and it's somewhere between a dirtbike, a snowmobile and a Personal Watercraft. I say watercraft because there are times when you need to give it more throttle because you are tipping over and going to fall off, just grab a handfull of throttle an hang on! The Snowbike will power out and stand back up. :juggle:

I basically only ride with Sleds, as one guy in our group bought a Snowbike and quickly went back to a Sled. So I bought it. I can't wait to ride, but it looks like it'll be 2018 before I ride again. I'm tempted to join the Cooke City group ride meet and greet, we'll see. :playball:

Yup, the song. Those poor sailors, no WeatherChannel, no satellite forecast, they cast off into the unknown, like I have with this snowbike journey, but those poor sailors never made it back. Probably no life insurance and no one to sue, and no lawyers back in their day. A sad but happy song. I want to come back after riding the snowbike and it is why I had started this most very necessary thread, to help other new, and prospective snowbikers find their way and minimize injury and damage as the sport can be expensive-especially with no job or a low(er) paying occupation.

Believe you me, people warned me about NOT getting a 500. 500 just sounded so cool. Like the Indy 500. The movie "500". Others said that if they see you with the numbers 500 on the side of the dirtbike, that it would mean respect. Respect for the superior upper body strength possessed by the owner of the machine, that sounded so good to me that I had to have it, even if I can't ride it. It is strange but like many guys who buy and drive expensive supercars but don't really know how to drive them at all, they just like being seen in them, because you know that line, "Porsche, too small to get laid in. But you get laid. As. Soon. As. You. Get. Out.", aint' that the truth - Ruth. Or Lamborghini, for guys who like handjobs in tight spaces, something like that.

Also, the old saying, "Nothing like a high performance vehicle with a low performance operator." I want this to someday NOT be me.

It is ok with poking a hole in the list, like the hanging chad's in the Florida election where Bush won, it is good he did win as he has my vote for the hottest first daughters of all time, am I right here?, do you agree? Poking a hole-ha, you made me type "Poking a hole"(You really didn't make me, but you made me think of it), but not poking the glory hole, I can go on and on about that whole glory hole business, as guys seem to be very willing to wade into the unknown and risk their willy, for what?, glory?

You are right about the PWC as they are known as, I forgot about that and I can see how the bike will float-just like a big powerful mountain sled-in the powder, but with the bike doing it a whole lot easier. Gonna be awsum.

Like you, I doubt I'm going to be getting back on a sled again. As it is, an old riding buddy of mine said he might know a couple of buddies of his that might want to buy my snowmobile and I will entertain selling it if the price is right. If I can get around $2,000 for it I'll let it go as if I ever get another one, it will be 4s, e-start, a longer track than a 121 . . .

The only reason I want to keep a sled around is to ride the kids around on it, see if they get into it, otherwise, a sled is now like an ATV to me.

Other than my brother in law who is setting up a sled as I type, I don't know any other snowbikers so I'll also be riding with sleds, but it's ok. I know that they will be waiting for me but they'll have to deal and the thing with us up here in New England is that we all ride trail sleds with short tracks so it is not like riding in a group with mountain sleds in the sweet, sweet backcountry. Circles in the forest.

Last edited:
B
As a 2nd year snowbiker, as a true, heartfelt THANK YOU, for all of you who had helped me break my snowbiking virginity last fall/winter, I'm bringing this thread back up so that others who are considering getting into the sport this upcoming/fall winter can learn from my wicked-ways last year.

Again. Thanks for all those who had helped me last fall/winter. I'm looking forward to this upcoming winter and while up here in New England we are still ensconsed in summer with temps going back to the 90's next Monday and Tuesday, just in time for school to start, before we know it 4 months will go by and it will be time to head up and make fresh tracks with our bikes.

Here is to the winter of 2018/2019. All I need to do is put my DTS 129 kit back on and I'll be ready and with no more questions, so far, before I do it. I'm almost a grizzled 10 year vet.

B
The Camso DTS 129 is back on the bike. I have no questions, so far, this fall.

I'm going to think hard on some though. I will drag this thread up for those that might need any help with setting up their bikes or more importantly, don't know how to ride but have installed their snowbike kit.

Premium Features