• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trail tech voyager for us doo owners

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
trailtech power supply/ charging is a joke that it wont charge off the sled needing another dock to be able to charge
can't learn how to even use it with out the sled running, so far a waste of money
any body tee into the power line to be able to unplug from the sled and plug in the wall charger at home ?
I put an extra male/female plug in line of the power cord from the trailtech to my sled. I can uncouple this plug and plug a wall adapter in while the sled is parked in my garage. Still this is not enough and an extra battery is going in.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
My biggest con ern with operating without a battery is that when the TT draws down to a low battery level, it defaults my user settings, kicks our out of your buddy group and erases my tracks from the day.
Thats it in a nutshell right there.
I bought THREE of these last summer.
Installed one.
Fought with power issues.
Holding off installing the other two until we see what BRP releases in a few weeks.

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
I watched this this morning.Looks like a great way to mount it.The other guys dooing it where concerned about breakage it your sled rolled or hit something.Looks like that mount is as low as it can go.Nice post Freerider.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I watched this this morning.Looks like a great way to mount it.The other guys dooing it where concerned about breakage it your sled rolled or hit something.Looks like that mount is as low as it can go.Nice post Freerider.
once he encountered the battery issue and the reset, you noticed how he NEVER mentioned the device again for the rest of the video.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
once he encountered the battery issue and the reset, you noticed how he NEVER mentioned the device again for the rest of the video.
Can we not just wire it into the huge pointless battery that is already on our sleds for the big stock gauge?

also, was that a custom mount you can buy? or did he just buy another plastic bit and rig something up? I couldn't tell.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
I noticed the stock huge gauge on my lynx, has all sorts of problems once it does turn off. looses connection with my phone constantly and have to do a whole rigamarole reboot unplug of phone and turn sled back on... I hate the thing. anything has to be better than the ski doo gauge.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
To do it right do I need to remove my tank to get some wires up under there back to the stock battery?
Talk to a friend I guess the accessory plug is only hot when the big gauge screen is on. But you can set your screen to stay on for a couple minutes after the engine shut off that may give you adequate time plus the battery that internally is in the trail tech. Otherwise find the 12 V power going to the big screen and put a splitter in front of it or at the fuse block.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Talk to a friend I guess the accessory plug is only hot when the big gauge screen is on. But you can set your screen to stay on for a couple minutes after the engine shut off that may give you adequate time plus the battery that internally is in the trail tech. Otherwise find the 12 V power going to the big screen and put a splitter in front of it or at the fuse block.
Thanks

My big guage does stay on when sled is off for a few minutes. I some times just touch my shot start to "refresh" its timer if I'm sitting there awhile.

I think i'll just try it on the ACC port, I'm never usually stopped for an hour anyway, if it becomes a problem I could just run wires/fuse straight to battery ( or splice like you say ) and have it hot all the time to trail tech. If I forget to turn it off and it kills my sleds battery.. who cares. It doesn't do anything but power the gauge when sled is off.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
I rigged up a thing, soldered a XT90 connector so I can charge and play with this thing in the house before I put it on the sled. Seeing how the AC charger is out of stock everywhere. Have a lipo buzzer alarm next to me so I don't kill my lipo.

lol.

1705897421915.png

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
I have another probably dumb question that may have been answered.

With this voyager pro, I'm looking at it in the map where I live. it has no trails, no trail numbers no nothing.

As much as a POS I think the BRP big gauge is it has all the trails and trail numbers on it. with the annoying factor of my phone being needed.

Is this something I can add?

For ref.. GaiGps and OnX also both do not have any of the snowmobile trails where I live ( Bend, Oregon ).. all the mountain bike trails, but no snowmobile trails.

Premium Features