• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trail Tech on an axys

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Want a 7s gauge but don’t wanna buy a new sled? Trail Tech Voyager Pro is the answer. Trail Tech owned by polaris uses the same tech as the 7s and the two gauges share the buddy tracking feature. So many features packed into this gauge

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
you commented that the gauge only has line of site tracking? my understanding this works off same program or software as 7s. So tracking should be the same as 7s??? Thoughts.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
you commented that the gauge only has line of site tracking? my understanding this works off same program or software as 7s. So tracking should be the same as 7s??? Thoughts.
High frequency is kinda like "line of sight" the higher the frequency, the more the radio signal acts like light. The lower, the more it will bounce and bend around objects. As this gauge uses realitively high frequency it will go long distances when un-obstructed but mountains and other objects can reduce the tracking. Same as your 2 way radio.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
High frequency is kinda like "line of sight" the higher the frequency, the more the radio signal acts like light. The lower, the more it will bounce and bend around objects. As this gauge uses realitively high frequency it will go long distances when un-obstructed but mountains and other objects can reduce the tracking. Same as your 2 way radio.
Guess I am an idiot when it comes to this tech. I assumed it used the gps and satellite signals.... somehow.

Buddy had another boost programmed in his sled. They were riding seperately(different groups) one day. Same area, guess I do not know how far apart. They noticed the other sled had not moved for quit some time so they went and checked on him. Not sure on the distance... didnt realize that there could be a distance to it. Thought it was more like Find My Phone type thing.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Guess I am an idiot when it comes to this tech. I assumed it used the gps and satellite signals.... somehow.

Buddy had another boost programmed in his sled. They were riding seperately(different groups) one day. Same area, guess I do not know how far apart. They noticed the other sled had not moved for quit some time so they went and checked on him. Not sure on the distance... didnt realize that there could be a distance to it. Thought it was more like Find My Phone type thing.
That is why the new Doo gauge will never get a software upgrade to do tracking without tethering to your phone and cell service. It simply does not have the hardware to send radio transmissions. I heard so many Doo guys saying they hope for a software update to do this. It cannot happen unless a radio is added.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Thanks, I understand how it works better now, or the principal of it. 95% of the places we ride do not have cell service, that portion makes no sense to me.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
After spending the second half of the season with the 7S and trail tech for buddy tracking, I can honestly say it is one of the best upgrades I’ve ever put on a sled.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Ya it’s only 4” but that’s enough if ya know how to use it ?‍♂️ Also If you shave the windshield/windshield bag it looks bigger also.

Too small for me for that price. I'm used to my phone's screen and would not want anything smaller.

powwow

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
East Kootenay
Can anyone inform me on the big difference between the Voyager pro snow and the Voyager pro from the box store with snowmobile and atv maps? Different sensors?

Premium Features