• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Top few things to a 07 to get it to lay over better?

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
I have a good friend that is not to savvy with a computer but has asked me how to get a 07 XP to handle more like his friends 10 model. He has a 07 with 300 miles on it and would like to get it to handle better. I told him in the end it may be cheaper to just buy the 2010 but we will see what you all have to say.

He is 145# guy in his late 50's. Keeping the sled layed over is a problem for him. He rode a guys 2010 and said it was so much easier. SO whats the secret sauce here on upgrades to tame this 2007? What can you guys suggest for him? or are the 2007's a lost cause??

S

skidoo_guy

Nov 26, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Is the sway bar still in? If so take it out. They are a heavier sled so it will be a bit harder to keep up on it's side.

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
This will help too.
So when you hit the throttle, this will definitely help the sled do an even better carve.
400436462.jpg

S

skidoo_guy

Nov 26, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Let the limiter strap out a little bit. Does the 07 have the adjustable limiter strap or does it just have the holes? Just asking because the last rev I owned was an 05. This will only work to a point before it starts trenching to bad. I had SLP powderpro skis on my rev and they worked very well in keeping a side hill. What skis are on it?

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
At the risk of sounding pushing im going to say it before someone else does, but a narrower ski stance sounds to me like the ticket. They really do work well. The DJ kit is a great option a well. The 07's had some serious clutching issues! In all honesty I enjoyed my 07 Rev more that my XP. No way if I were him would I give up on it. Great tree sled. Just throwin out ideas... Thanks!
Dan

Last edited:

2Thetopp

Lifetime Membership
I have a good friend that is not to savvy with a computer but has asked me how to get a 07 XP to handle more like his friends 10 model.

Himark, just curious, is it a 2007 Rev, or a 08 XP? Since the XP came out in 08, I had one and the best thing I did was, S36 front end, remove sway bar, Carl's cut on the rear outside of skis (SLP SLT's)helps with kickback, then counter steer to keep the sled from righting itself.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
x7 Dan`s AI 37inch stance A arms and DJ`s Clutching 2 awesome products that work!

Ski`s >> Polaris Grippers!!

Sidepanel footwell cutout mod, along with a steering post forward mod,get ya forward more kinda like the newer XP, both Free mods that helps alot.

2whl rear axle kit and removing all outside wheels off the rails should help on sidehilling also.

Wildcard

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
I recommended Dan's arms and received negative rep from some tool? Go figure!
lol. Ive never had anyone call and complain on them, but who knows those dang thumbs uppers and downers are too close together. A couple rum and cokes can mean the difference. Seriously though if anyone has an issue I need to know about it. I cant fix a problem if I don't know about it. My customers are what pay my bills and are extremely important. I feel like I go above and beyond and I don't plan to change that. Thanks guys!
Dan

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
lol. Ive never had anyone call and complain on them, but who knows those dang thumbs uppers and downers are too close together. A couple rum and cokes can mean the difference. Seriously though if anyone has an issue I need to know about it. I cant fix a problem if I don't know about it. My customers are what pay my bills and are extremely important. I feel like I go above and beyond and I don't plan to change that. Thanks guys!
Dan

I think Dan hit her on the Head, Those two are really close together, You all know what happens when things are really close together. Woops!:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features