• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tied Clutch Lightening

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Posted this in the cat section, but since there's more than one brand of sled the Tied secondary can go on I figured I'd throw it in here too.
With lightening clutch components becoming popular (primary covers, Ti pins and bolts, primary and secondary machining, lighter secondary spiders, etc.) has anyone inquired or had a shop do any machining to lighten a Team/Venom Tied clutch? Either on the sheaves or the roller spider inside. When I swapped a 2018 primary and tied secondary to my 2014 the net weight gain was 1.6lb over the stock clutches. Would like to take some of that back off if it could be done reasonably.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Following up with what I found on the Tied this year. Patrick offers the same lightening and balancing service for it as he does with the TSS-04. He said turnaround time is an extra week because he doesn't keep the lightened roller spiders in stock for them and has to send them out and get them back. ZRP also offers a lighter, billet aluminum roller spider for it. It's just not listed on their website so have to call them. That runs $150.

Premium Features