• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

This is SnoWest?

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
I would bet 03rmk800 had no idea this would lead to a forum overhaul when it was posted
No, I didn't expect it to develop this way. I was just hoping to get eople to get posting. Succeeded at that, and was happy to see spitballing that could recover some camaraderie. If we don't insist on having our own special slot (think a sub forum allowing only purple haired left handed lacto vegetarians born on leap day), we can gain a lot by broader exposure.
Early in the death of major newspapers, Colorado ended up with one paper, which then halted delivery to the hinterlands, or priced people outside the metro I-25 corridor out of the readership. About the same time, the "must carry" rules knocked Denver TV stations off rural cable and satellite carriers. The result has been ugly-- deepened the rural urban divide, deprives us outside the cities of knowing what state and federal government are doing, and other negatives. I think some of this happened on Snowest, and reducing subforums will allow people to reconnect.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This is the best kind of feedback a Forum Admin can ask for.
We will be rebuilding these forums all through this season.
So I am more than happy to entertain a VARIETY of changes that the members are asking for.
NOW is the time to speak up and let me know what you would like to see change.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Look at all that has happened while I was on vacation!

Good to see that others have a similar opinion for reducing the number of sub forums.

I still think we need to combine a HUGE number of the sub forums, and forums that havent been posted in for several years can just be moved to an archive / search group. Same can be said for some of the snowmaker groups....some of them are not even in business anymore.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
i am curious as to why there is still a section for blown motor when they have been out of business for a while. also it was nice to see you took down the hein speed specialties section after they have been closed for 10 yrs. did they have some sort of advertising agreement you had to uphold?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
i am curious as to why there is still a section for blown motor when they have been out of business for a while. also it was nice to see you took down the hein speed specialties section after they have been closed for 10 yrs. did they have some sort of advertising agreement you had to uphold?
The Blown Motor forum is still being used.

Premium Features