• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Do you want to read about my trip today? Come on along, we'll have some fun(Pics)

B
In my first and only (so far) snow bike ride last season, I rode both the 300 XCW and the 450FX. Both had their moments to shine. I liked the 300 as it felt light and nimble. The 450 was more relaxed and one could approach hills with less wind up. Same scenario on both in the dirt right?

I can only imagine a 300 cc 2S and how light it must feel. It is good to still possess "He Man, Master of the Universe" strength, to handle a heavier bike like it is a smaller bike, and to control the extra power that comes along with more weight.

I'll be looking forward to your getting on for the first time Misha Subo.

B
Yes, the first time...soon to come (next week). I am a virgin with the Camso but I know I will defile her gently then give it to her hard once that initial confidence is gained.

LOL! That was good, another like-minded Camso-individual on the board. I love it. I will expand, and expound, on your excellent thoughts.

I am going to petition those in charge of the forum to consider a sub-forum, called C.R.A.P-Camso Riders All Playing, good or no good? I dunno but am open to suggestions for a good, catchy name for the Camso Riders Group.

I do like that you are going to start off gentle on the kit. Easy does it, she is new, and fresh, and has never been touched or used. So fresh and good smelling. Oh my, what a treat to be the first. The mere thought is making me lightheaded, again. She needs and requires delicacy and NOT a heavy hand, light, easy touches. Ok?, ok. Good.

Once you get her up to speed, and can feel that she is enjoying all the newfound actions to her chassis, all those new and intense sensations she is now feeling for the first time, big rubber track, bushings, chains, sprockets- are all all happy and working together nicely, it is only then when one can start feeding it in, more and more, harder and harder.

Lay her over and see how she responds. Does she push back? or is she liking being thrown, pitched and tossed sideways? We're also supposed to go over her after the first hour to see how she has responded. It is the right thing to do to make sure she is comfortable and is not hurting in any way, shape or form.

I'm going to do this either this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon. I need to check both the primary and secondary chains as well as the track tension while the bike is up on the trailer.

Next time, as she'll be good and broken in and has let me know she is enjoying everything, she will surely be thrashed and treated like the freak that she really is.

I'm glad my bike is very well broken in with 2,000 miles and 100 hours on it as the pounding can commence, unabated, once there is more snow on the ground and the season gets fully underway.

Last edited:
P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
I almost went Camso,but the local dealer had a aro kit at a good price sitting here so I slapped here on the old 450.

Seeing that you are a BETA guy try out there 300 you might just like the bottom end on it.

The new crop of smokers are a different ball game and hook up even better than the 4s .

Do yourself a favour and try them out. I still love the Big bore bikes for the dessert and beach riding. Tried 350s and 450 4s in the trails and as good as they were you can not hang with the new 250 and 300 smokers when the trails get tight. So in a way I have gone through the same learning curve and this is where I ended up. the right woods bike for me anyway 250 XC or XCW the 300 has more Torque but the 250 has a more lively free revving motor with still real good Torque. On the snow 4 strokes rule so far anyway just set up once and ride.

B
I almost went Camso,but the local dealer had a aro kit at a good price sitting here so I slapped here on the old 450.

Seeing that you are a BETA guy try out there 300 you might just like the bottom end on it.

The new crop of smokers are a different ball game and hook up even better than the 4s .

Do yourself a favour and try them out. I still love the Big bore bikes for the dessert and beach riding. Tried 350s and 450 4s in the trails and as good as they were you can not hang with the new 250 and 300 smokers when the trails get tight. So in a way I have gone through the same learning curve and this is where I ended up. the right woods bike for me anyway 250 XC or XCW the 300 has more Torque but the 250 has a more lively free revving motor with still real good Torque. On the snow 4 strokes rule so far anyway just set up once and ride.

I am definitely not a Beta guy, I just wanted the best dual sport and it happened to work out that they had the best bike for my want(s). I'm one that is NOT brand loyal at all. I just want the best for my needs. I had considered both the KTM and Husky 500 dual sports but as their FI systems are new, I didn't want to take a chance and I'm glad I didn't as I have heard about their issues and we all know about first year-stuff/early adopters and all that. Hopefully your Aro (and everyone else's)will be good this upcoming season

Just know, all I'm doing is riding around in circles through the forest with one other buddy, maybe two, and am way beyond who is faster, at all. I really just like big power and don't care if I'm faster around on a track or course that I will NEVER see or ride on. Beating around the forests is fun.

I had been riding my brother in law's old 2002 XR250 and having a ball on it so while I'm not picky, I prefer a big 500 4s over anything else.

Up here in New England, all we have are some sandy, rocky and rooty trails with some areas having better trails than others but I like to stick to the big, wide-open trails as much as I can, the 4th, 5th gear trails that are 30-50 mph and not the tight stuff that others like.

The only guy that I know that has a bike with any sort of power is my buddy with a 380 EXC-2 stroke motor and I am so happy that anytime we either line up or do any sort of roll-on, I easily trounce him and leave him in the dust and he hates it. My bike is no beast but it makes me happy.

Last edited:
B
Hey Ben, no fair, I thought you said you never got out of third gear?

That was my alter-ego, part of the DSM V, Dissociative Identity Disorder diagnosis that the other lady, who wrote that entire steaming pile of nonsense, under my login. She is on her own from now on.

I had a GPS verified 46 mph top speed the other day on the loosely packed flat field. I'm sure I could have gotten a little more, but just from that, I can tell that roughly 1/2 of the bikes power is sapped by the track and the friction of the snow. No matter, the bike goes well enough to not worry about outright speed. I'm still maintaining ground superiority.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
That was my alter-ego, part of the DSM V, Dissociative Identity Disorder diagnosis that the other lady, who wrote that entire steaming pile of nonsense, under my login. She is on her own from now on.

I had a GPS verified 46 mph top speed the other day on the loosely packed flat field. I'm sure I could have gotten a little more, but just from that, I can tell that roughly 1/2 of the bikes power is sapped by the track and the friction of the snow. No matter, the bike goes well enough to not worry about outright speed. I'm still maintaining ground superiority.

Can we have the DSM V lady back she is more fun:face-icon-small-blu

B
Jim Carrey, "I like it alot"

I also think the white looks wayyyyy better than the all black. Looking back now, I think I would have had it Line-X or Rhino Line'd and I'm still thinking about it.

While my paint job was hack-o-rama, when it comes down to it, the snowbike isn't going to be going up on display at any of the winter carnival's and I'm doing my best to stay out and away from the general population, so the only one that is going to see it is me, and you guys here.

I have been thinking of getting another cover and having it colored white-professionally. I'll see how it goes as the season progresses and at the end of the season.

B
Can we have the DSM V lady back she is more fun:face-icon-small-blu

Yup, that whack-o nutjob, who do they think they are?, crossing so many lines, degrading, demeaning, patronizing, condescending, offensive, Do I have a-racist?, anyone, anyone?, bigoted, mean-spirited, rambling, incoherent, flighty, think they are funny but are not-insert the proper adjective(s), here _____________________________, _______________________________, ________________________________.

She will return, she is not going away. She loves her snowbike. She loves you. She loves the United States of America.

M
Oct 12, 2017
Toronto
She will return, she is not going away. She loves her snowbike. She loves you. She loves the United States of America.[/QUOTE]

Like many others here, I too am hoping your poet friend returns to make guest appearances now and then.

B
She will return, she is not going away. She loves her snowbike. She loves you. She loves the United States of America.

Like many others here, I too am hoping your poet friend returns to make guest appearances now and then.[/QUOTE]

It is so nice, I gotta say, to be loved, adored, cared for, and left alone.

The schizophrenic episode seems to have subsided for the time being, by the way, did you know that when one talks to God, that is known as "prayer". When God talks back, now that, my friends, is schizophrenia.

See, it is only supposed to work one-way. God is not supposed to talk back, that is just the way it is supposed to be, otherwise they give me(and all those for who God is communicating with) all these diagnosis', and pills, medications, then I have to worry about them getting wet on the snowbike, trying to find a dry place to store all of them on the bike. It is why I was asking about where to keep them on the snowbike and as there is all this talk about making airboxes impenetrable, that it would be the safest place on the bike for the dosages I need to take.

What's the problem when god talks back anyway? If he is the almighty, and he is talking, shouldn't we listen? My psychiatrist is never straight with me on this and I know she gets paid a lot of money to look good in her tube dresses and high heels, and smells delightful, to listen to me ramble on like Will Farrell in Step Brothers. I have told her many times I love her but she always avoids the subject. I mean, what else is there to really talk about some days? Why she won't tell me what the big deal is, I will never know. All she talks about is (civil)commitment-like to the looney house, and public safety=borrrring.

Last edited:
B
More fun was had between yesterday and today.

Yesterday, about 6-8" of wet snow fell followed by hours of rain. It was heavy mashed potatoes and the steering was really heavy. I just rode around the yard all day to just get a feel for the bike and to work out the arms/upper body-well, really, the whole body as we all know that riding is work.

Today, the snow had a 2-4" crust with some fluffier mashed potatoes underneath, about 6" worth and the steering and control of the front ski was a real workout and it was about impossible to even ride in a straight line as the snow was such that it dictated where one went rather than the other way around. Even my nephew on a SkiDoo Renegade 1200 was busy riding as the snow was thick and the crust made it very hard to turn but once we made a line out 3 miles and back, I just kept on going back and forth on the tracked snow and enjoyed riding again.

It will snow some 8+ inches and then stay really cold so I'll be looking forward to waking up to x-mas and then going riding.

P1130262.jpg P1130261.jpg

Premium Features