• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Things to do while the motor is out....

Nov 26, 2007
CrawlOrado
fun fun! I cleaned the living s*&^ out of everything on there, makes it sooo much easier to look for problems in the future, plus we take huge pride in our work around here

When its clean any leaks, loose bolts will be more obvious.
It will keep all that junk from being sucked into your air filter and clutches also

in2.jpg

T
Oct 23, 2008
Injectors.jpg

Got my injectors back from witchunter, now time to get everything back together!

I guess I could have just put the injectors back into the sled, but I look at it as insurance so I know they are good!

I just wish they would have labeled the injectors so I knew which set of data went with which injector. But since they all passed, I guess it doesn't really matter.

Check out the results of the cleaning process above. I attached the test info for all to see.

Last edited:
T
Oct 23, 2008
Guess this connector

Reinstalling the engine, everything connected, but for the life of me figure out where this is supposed to plug in? It comes directly out of the ECM plug and is about 12-18" in length. The wires that come out of it are Blk/blu and purple. According to my wiring diagram that is for the DET sensor, but I already have that plugged in.

20150217_151756.jpg
20150217_151805.jpg

T
Oct 23, 2008
So while i'm putting this back together, is there any adjustment to the clutch alignment?

It appears to me that there is no adjustment. I don't have the "tool" that fits over the clutch to check alignment either, so I don't know if its off or not.

Thanks again!

Nov 26, 2007
CrawlOrado
excellent news!!!!

no more fuel injector issues?

I am taking my time and going through my clutches now...we are expecting snow this weekend so I hope to finish up before then work allowing of course....I am hoping to have similar results, it better run after all this!!!
LOL

T
Oct 23, 2008
So far I haven't noticed any issues with the fuel injectors at all. The engine sounds better at idle, and i haven't felt the "bog" that was there prior to this. I'll know more once i get a chance to take it for a longer shake down run.

I sent my primary clutch out to indy specialties and had Dan rebuild it and balance it. I'm running a heel clicker clutch kit with good results for my flat land riding.

I should be good for another 3000 miles now! (knock on wood)

T
Oct 23, 2008
Its $200 for the clutch work, plus $ for every part that needs to be replaced, plus $15 for the return shipping, and I don't know about turn around time, it depends on how busy they are. I'm sure you could give them a call to find out before you ship it to them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321221419696

Last edited:
Premium Features