• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

19 alpha wont rev out past ~7600 rpm

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
hi guys, I'll attach a video. 0 codes. sled ran great monday, parked in garage then went to ride friday and it immediately acted up. Sled is turbo'd and it wont rev out now like past 7600 rpm, it sounds like ANTI-Lag or an rpm limiter-lock. it idles good, runs good, up through the rpm until around that 7k mark then. she won't wind out. At first glance it would seem like exhaust valves or spark issues.

Here is what I've done. Checked exhaust valves and cables, length. They are all free. the servo cycles at idle. I have another 2019 alpha I can swap parts with, I swapped the servo motor, spark plug caps as mine have some age. ecms, no change. I then Disconnected the turbo fuel box, disconnected my air intake pipe and ran it stock, Yes itll be somewhat starving for air but wont rev past 7k even from a dead stab, same issue. I then removed the intake and checked my reeds, scoped out good. With carbs off I rotated engine and cant hear air escaping through them. Removed spark plugs and did a compression test, both cylinders are good at about ~130 psi. (I did top end and reeds 300km ago) I would assume if reed was bad it would give me lower compression numbers too but both even. I can see the exhaust valve servo move and pull them open as its reving out. so unless its stopped 1 stepped position short of full open, they're open.

I swapped plugs out on the mountain and they both had good normal color to them. When I removed the plugs at home in the garage the PTO plug was normal, Mag side is wet and oily.

It fires up and idles good, runs good, just cuts out in that higher rpm,

ignition coil? pick up for the coil?

a fella on facebook said stator but stator makes power and im not having power related issues?? hmm. I'm thumped now.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
check the primary for a stuck weight or roller or broken spring. look for flat spots on roller and weights too.

Weights and rollers are all good. I just had the weights out to add a magnet to each as it's been cusping the rev limiter at times.

I'd think if it was clutching sticking it'd over rev or too heavy weight which I did, low rpm. The stuttering is new, revving it up at home in the garage it's only able to rev to 7500 with no load on the track, using the brake it's the same.

It also smokes/hazes when it's doing it. Plus the plug now being wet makes me figure an issue on the mag side not burning fuel

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I add oil to my fuel and I believe it eventually became too rich in the tank, I was noticing oil dripping out my my exhaust and onto the floor.

After all I did today for diag, i got the thought about the oil ratio. Anyways siphoned half my Tank out and added fresh fuel. Let it run a bit then tried again, shes revving out now as per normal.

Premium Features