• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Swiching a 1987 Phazer to Pre Mix

M

MEADOW KING

Dec 17, 2007
I recenlty bought a Phazer for my kid and had to do a Top End rebuild after 13 miles. Technician thinks I have an intermittant oiler. Anyway I think I want to run it with Premix. I would prefer to leave all the Oiler Stuff intact so I can test the pump and/or replace it later. Can I just turn the oiler way down and run premix? If so what is the best Ratio and what is a good brand of oil to use?

Thanks in Advance

G
Jan 14, 2009
I would use a 50:1 premix with any snowmobile oil for the time being. It may smoke alot until you determine whether to repair/replace your oil pump. I run a tank of premix everytime I disconnect the oil lines for the engine, just to be sure it is getting oil. If you run premix, you could adjust the oil flow rate on your sled for wide open throttle, as at idle the oil supply is at it highest rate.

Lt Rascal

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2004
Nibley, Utah
50:1 is 50 part gas to 1 part oil that is very low oil. Yamalube @ 32:1 is what i use to run when I was running pre-mix. If you decide to run pre-mix just drain the oil bottle and leave the adjustement alone. Then all is as you had it if you decide to go back.

Last edited:
Premium Features