• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Supercross 2012!

F
Jun 7, 2008
So glad to see the season opener of the 2012 season kick off this past weekend. I'm a huge Bubba fan but I have to give it to Villapoto for always being smooth and consistent and focused. Wasn't the way I wanted to see #7 start the series but at least he finished strong with some points. I think it will be a great year and I really hope all the top guys stay healthy and un-injured to make it an awesome battle all season long. My wife is a big Dungey fan and also cheers on Reed so it will be another season of trash-talking in my house :p Oh and a big shout out to Andrew Short for his heat race! Keep pushin Shorty, you deserve it!

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Hey! Bubba is consistant. He always wipes out. Bubba is my Kurt Busch or Jimmy Johnson, can't stand any of them.

My favorite rider is Reed. But I'm gonna be watching Seely close. Be waited and waited, found Villapoto's slip up and made him pay for it. After He passed him it was over

K

kbl6z

Mar 8, 2009
auburn,wa
I think its going to be between Reed, Vilopotto and dungey. Stewart crashes to much. Villopoto will take it if he dont get hurt. Just my opinion

E
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell Montana
i am a huge reed fan. i think dungey will be a big threat being that hes back with decoster. can nt stand stewart my whole house erupts with cheers everytime he hits the dirt. Poto is very good but i dont think he will pull off back to back titles.

M

mchonda2

Apr 14, 2008
Oregon
Should be a great season. Hopefully RV and Stewart will have some great battles. We all know the only chance Reed has of winning the title is if everybody in front of him gets hurt! (the only way he has won any of his supercross titles)

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Should be a great season. Hopefully RV and Stewart will have some great battles. We all know the only chance Reed has of winning the title is if everybody in front of him gets hurt! (the only way he has won any of his supercross titles)

Big talk after the way he rode outdoors last year....

I'm a Dungey guy being from MN, but I think RV2 is gonna be hard to beat this year. He is just so confident on that bike.

Dungey still looks timid and he needs to push a bit more our he is gonna always be 2nd or 3rd.

Bubba, can't stand him and his time has come and gone. He might still have his races but the competition has stepped up and doesn't wreck themselves, they can push but still have control unlike him.

Hope to see Short do well again and Trey to come back and stay healthy.

And of course who wouldn't love to see K-dub up on the box a time or two....Bubba and everyone else could learn a thing or two from him.

C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
If RV gets out of the hole on 2 wheels, then he's looking unbeatable. I wish Dungy would ride a little more agressive, and bump it up a little with Bubba, and RV. I think he's got the speed to hang with them.
I've always hated Reed, because he seems to have an excuse for every time he looses. Last year was the 1st year I've actually given him a little respect. He actually said after Stewart took him out, that it's just racing.

I think this is by far the deepest field ever in Supercross. As soon as Canard comes back, and mixes it up a little. There could be 5 guys at the top any night. It was nice to see KTM on the podium this week though.

M
Nov 28, 2007
or
i didn't get to watch any of the heat races but did see the main and rv tore it up!!! looked like he was in a class by himself. surprised to see reed on the ktm, he might not be the best rider but if he can keep consistant he's always gonna be there in the end. the guy has guts and is willing to keep pluging away till the end. too bad for bubba, not a big fan but the more peeps in the hunt for the championship the better. i would expect if he can't pull it together in the next race or 2 he'll be done, he's just never struck me as a guy who unless he's on top to be able to take it. too bad, not a good way for one of the best riders ever to go out...

Last edited:
E
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell Montana
i didn't get to watch any of the heat races but did see the main and rv tore it up!!! looked like he was in a class by himself. surprised to see reed on the ktm, he might not be the best rider but if he can keep consistant he's always gonna be there in the end. the guy has guts and is willing to keep pluging away till the end. too bad for bubba, not a big fan but the more peeps in the hunt for the championship the better. i would expect if he can't pull it together in the next race or 2 he'll be done, he's just never struck me as a guy who unless he's on top to be able to take it. too bad, not a good way for one of the best riders ever to go out...

Reed is nt on a ktm that would be dungey reed is riding honda again this year.

F
Jun 7, 2008
Boooo to all you Bubba haters! haha I have to admit he wads it up alot here the past couple seasons, but when he can keep the rubber side down and is in the zone, nobody can touch him. The guy rips! I've also met the guy and he seemed cool when I talked to him. Reed on the other hand is a douche bag IMO. As Chubbydog said, Reed always has an excuse or blames someone when he crashes. I thik he is a dirty rider. I do give him some credit for last season though for stepping up his speed. There for a while he was lookin pretty dang slow. I have nothing against Dungey. He is definitly quick and clean and also a nice guy. I just have to be against him since my wife is for him haha. Also in agreement of hopefully seeing Canard come back in the game.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Boooo to all you Bubba haters! haha I have to admit he wads it up alot here the past couple seasons, but when he can keep the rubber side down and is in the zone, nobody can touch him. The guy rips! I've also met the guy and he seemed cool when I talked to him. Reed on the other hand is a douche bag IMO. As Chubbydog said, Reed always has an excuse or blames someone when he crashes. I thik he is a dirty rider. I do give him some credit for last season though for stepping up his speed. There for a while he was lookin pretty dang slow. I have nothing against Dungey. He is definitly quick and clean and also a nice guy. I just have to be against him since my wife is for him haha. Also in agreement of hopefully seeing Canard come back in the game.

Bubba is a arrogant tool....you hear or read the quotes where he siad he thinks of himself like 199 or MC? He might have the skills or more then they do, but he is missing some serious pieces of the puzzle. And everytime he complains about Reeds racing, you can see Bubba do the same things. He has a view that he is entitled to race hard but nobody is allowed to push back. Look at his history with Ivan.

Agree Reed was and has been a whiny douche canoe, BUT since starting his team he has gotten much better. I never did hear his excuse for how he rode after wadding it up in Millville or who made him crash either.....I was at that race and saw him sitting around after, that guy flat put it out to come back from that.

C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
Bubba is a arrogant tool....you hear or read the quotes where he siad he thinks of himself like 199 or MC? He might have the skills or more then they do, but he is missing some serious pieces of the puzzle. And everytime he complains about Reeds racing, you can see Bubba do the same things. He has a view that he is entitled to race hard but nobody is allowed to push back. Look at his history with Ivan.

Bubba is the by far the most talented guy to ever swing a leg over a bike. He does stuff that nobody else will even attempt. He's the most entertaining rider out there IMO! He may be a little cocky, but he at least backs it up. Reed has been cocky for years, and has never backed it up. Both his championships were because everybody else was hurt. He never beat the best riders head to head.

On a side note, I just bought my tickets to the SLC Supercross!

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Bubba is the by far the most talented guy to ever swing a leg over a bike. He does stuff that nobody else will even attempt. He's the most entertaining rider out there IMO! He may be a little cocky, but he at least backs it up. Reed has been cocky for years, and has never backed it up. Both his championships were because everybody else was hurt. He never beat the best riders head to head.

Make sure you get some good pictures of Bubba picking is a$$ off the dirt like he does in about 9 out of 10 races. The kids fast but very inconsistant.

And a dork I have to say. I think its his money hungry family that drives me nuts. If they would let the kid race and not worry about their cut he might have a bit less pressure on him.

Thunder

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado

WHAT!?? When RC was in the game, he had more talent in his left nut than what Bubba has in his entire body. RC is and has been the best rider motocross/supercross have ever seen.

Make sure you get some good pictures of Bubba picking is a$$ off the dirt like he does in about 9 out of 10 races. The kids fast but very inconsistant.
Thunder

LMAO. Every time I watch a race with him riding, I can bet that he's gonna eat it, nose down in a whoop or a dinky little textbook double.

C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
WHAT!?? When RC was in the game, he had more talent in his left nut than what Bubba has in his entire body. RC is and has been the best rider motocross/supercross have ever seen.

RC retired in his prime, because he knew Stewart was faster than him. Stewart beat him straight up every time he kept it on 2 wheels. When Carmichael was dominating the 250cc class, Bubba was pulling the same lap times as him on a 125cc. That's saying allot. They had some great races together, and I wish he wouldn't have retired so early. He felt he had nothing else to prove, and he knew he wouldn't be able to match Bubba's speed. IMO, Bubba has slowed down quite a bit in the last few years. He's not laying it out quite as much as he did a few years ago. It's more simple mistakes now that's causing him to go down now.

I wish we could see JM, RC, and Bubba all in there prime racing together. I have heard RC say he wouldn't even attempt that jump that Bubba just did though. He's said in many broadcasts that nobody has ever gone as fast as Stewart on a dirtbike. To say he had more talent, is crazy. Was he smarter? I'd say yes, but more talent, I'd say no.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN

Most talented I think is a stretch. When he puts up MC or RC numbers then we can discuss that but I doubt he will as the talent field is so deep right now and he lost out by skipping nationals.

Yes he is insane in what he can do when he is on....but he is off often as well. And he will never no matter the numbers hold a candle to the icons of the sport from the early days to MC to Windham or 199.

Not a huge Reed fan but you can't deny he was beating the best in outdoors until Millville.

And I think RC would have been able to beat Bubba, same age, etc RC would have kicked it down and worked harder and beat Bubba cause he don't like losing. But like you said he had nothing left to prove on 2 wheels.

C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
And he will never no matter the numbers hold a candle to the icons of the sport from the early days to MC to Windham or 199.Not a huge Reed fan but you can't deny he was beating the best in outdoors until Millville.

There's only 2 people in history with more wins than him, and he's still got 5 or 6 more years of racing. Now that he's on a new team, and will be racing outdoors, it helps his chances even more. I'm not saying he's gonna catch RC, but 3rd place in total wins is by far better than Windham will ever be. I like Kdub as much as anybody, but I think he only has 14 wins total.

If your going by total career wins, then RC is the GOAT, but if your just talking pure talent, then you have to go by what this guy can do on a bike. If only 1 person can do certain jumps, and nobody else in the world can do it, then that makes him the most talented rider out there IMO!

Last edited:

trikerider

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Ellensburg Wa
Stewart’s a tool, needs to retire and make a rap CD, yes Dungey needs to step it up, and he's now the guy I'm for because he's now on KTM. Reed's quick and in shape which is the equalizer. Ryan Villopoto’s the man.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
There's only 2 people in history with more wins than him, and he's still got 5 or 6 more years of racing. Now that he's on a new team, and will be racing outdoors, it helps his chances even more. I'm not saying he's gonna catch RC, but 3rd place in total wins is by far better than Windham will ever be. I like Kdub as much as anybody, but I think he only has 14 wins total.

If your going by total career wins, then RC is the GOAT, but if your just talking pure talent, then you have to go by what this guy can do on a bike. If only 1 person can do certain jumps, and nobody else in the world can do it, then that makes him the most talented rider out there IMO!

So would you have said 199 was the most talented back when he did what was it Lorocos Leap on a 125 when nobody else was? Or heck look at some of the fmx guys, they are doing stuff on a bike Bubba never would. Or any number of guys who ride hard enduros.

I do wish someone with Bubbas apparent skill set could have the personality of K-dub. Straight wins, Bubba always will smoke Kdub, but the other stuff Kdub has him beat worse then a rented mule.

Premium Features