• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Christmas Please help me save a little boy's life and make Christmas SPECIAL!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
We left a small box in Idaho Falls yesterday for our daughter to bring to you in the morning. Is there someplace she could drop it off today before 5 so you could deliver it too?
She is welcome to bring it to my house in Rigby.!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I know I said it before, but its worth saying again.
YOU GUYS ROCKED THIS LITTLE KID's WORLD.

$13,903 on GoFundMe
$1,250 in matching donations
110+ Cards and Letters with who knows what inside of them all to be opened this evening.

ian-4.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
NOTE:
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE THIS!!

===========
FROM MY SON...

My dearest friends and family,
This Christmas I have a special message to share with each of you. It is a long one, but I ask you to read it with the promise that your heart and spirit will be lifted by it.

I'm sure many of you can relate when I say that Christmas time this year has flown by unlike every before.

I am still struggling to come to terms with the fact that tomorrow is Christmas Day.

Regardless, this has been a truly special Christmas season for my family and I.

We were blessed with the incredible opportunity to be able to learn first-hand the true meaning of Christmas.

The meaning that our Heavenly Father and Savior would have us remember each Christmas.

LOVE

As I reflect on the birth of Jesus Christ, my mind is taken to the talk by Dieter F. Uchtdorf during the 2010 Christmas Devotional in which he said,

"When Jesus was born, the joy in heaven was so great it could not be contained, and angelic hosts parted the veil, proclaiming unto shepherds “good tidings of great joy, … praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.”

The joy and love that the angelic host had for their savior was so great that not even the powers of heaven could contain it.

What a truly wondrous thought to behold. For me, this is a testament of the true and everlasting power of Love.

Why is it that during Christ's ministry, he commands us to, "Love one another as I have loved you."? It is because Christ knows the true power of Love.

Christ knows that Love has the power to heal, uplift, restore, strengthen, inspire, bind, cleanse, and change any soul that it is administer to.

"Let us Love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
For God Is Love" (1 John 4: 7-
icon_cool.gif

There is truly no force as encompassing and powerful as that of true, godly, Love. And in showing Love unto our fellow man, we draw closer to our Savior Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father.

This Christmas, an angel of God's highest regard, was brought into the whirlwind that is our lives.

A young boy, barely four years old, opened the eyes and hearts of each person in my family in a way like none before him.

You see, this young man, Ian Reese, is currently fighting a battle against Leukemia. Yet, through the countless rounds of treatment, testing, hospital trips, transfusions, and other associated events, Ian's soul is filled with a Joy and Love that touches every heart around him.

It was this same spirit that inspired my older brother Christopher Bryan Parrett, his sweet wife Lauren Parrett, and my father Christopher Parrett to act on the prompting of the spirit, and to show this young boy and his family the Love of Christ that sustains each of us.

Chris promptly called me and asked for my assistance in creating a fundraiser to assist Ian's family in tackling the cost of medical bills (which exceed well over $100,000) as well as to ensure that his family could have the Christmas they deserved.

We never could have imagined what happened next.
Never in my life have I been a first-hand witness in a Christmas miracle of this proportion.
Our fundraiser goal of $1250, the cost of Chris and Lauren's trip to Disney that they decide to put towards matching the donations, was met within hours.

Over the next week we doubled the goal four more times, and each time it was met. Donations from $5 to $5,000 continued to pour in.

My father Christopher, reached out to his wide network of friends and asked for them to write Christmas letters to Ian of love and support to show him that he and his family were not alone in this fight.

The letters still haven't stopped coming.
Over 150 families from all over the world wrote letters of love and support, many of which contained funds to aid Ian's family with expenses.

What we witnessed over the past two weeks can be attributed as nothing else but the pure Love of Christ. Hearts and wallets were opened for a family that many of these people had never met.

When we presented the box of letters to Ian's family, the spirit in the room was overwhelming. Below is a video that recaptures that sweet spirit, so that each of you may partake in the Joy and Love that was felt in our home that night.

I ask you to take ten minutes out of your busy Christmas night and let your heart and soul be uplifted.

I also would like to testify to each and everyone of you of my knowledge of the power of Love. I know that it is because of Jesus Christ, and the sacrifices that he made because of his love for us, that we can return to him with our families.

I know that by following his example, and administering Love unto our fellow man, that our hearts will be opened, our wounds will be healed, our minds will be inspired, and our souls can be changed.

I pray that we may one day see a world in which the Love we have for each other is so great, that not even the powers of Heaven could contain it, and that it will be a beacon of light that declares to all of creation the eternal power of Christlike Love.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-KBGG93kz04" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
God bless everyone who has contributed in their own way, whether it be financial gift, prayer or whatever they could do!
Christopher, the example you set for your children reminds us all of the meaning of Christmas!
I only wish every child could be raised with similar examples.
Merry Christmas everyone!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
God bless everyone who has contributed in their own way, whether it be financial gift, prayer or whatever they could do!
Christopher, the example you set for your children reminds us all of the meaning of Christmas!
I only wish every child could be raised with similar examples.
Merry Christmas everyone!
That is one of the most gracious things anyone has ever said to me.
Merry Christmas to you and yours my friend.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
That is one of the most gracious things anyone has ever said to me.

Well, we were not blessed with children, so we probably observe others parenting methods closer than we aught to.
Let me tell you, we see more often than not how it shouldn't be done, so it's heartwarming when we see it done correctly.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
well. if my Christmas wasn't good enough, my son, Christian proposed to his girlfriend Christmas morning.!
Icing on the cake!!
This is a Christmas for the books...

christian.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Christopher, you and your family are the kindest, most gracious and incredible people I have ever met. We have talked many times about our life's struggles, you have let me stay at your house, taken me on the forum ride to Cooke City, and let me store my 5th wheel in your yard when we lost an axle on the way home from Yellowstone. Thanks for taking the time to be a great friend.
We will get you up here and back in the saddle once again my friend.
A little SNOW THERAPY will go a LONG ways..

Premium Features