• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Standard display - does it meet your needs? Will you do it again?

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
I've had the standard display on my last two matryx sleds. Tells me the RPM, fuel level, track speed and even has some lights for when my brakes are on or oil level is low.

Even has a backlight for the dark!

What's your opinion of a standard gauge, and will you order it on your next sled?

J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
I've had the standard display on my last two matryx sleds. Tells me the RPM, fuel level, track speed and even has some lights for when my brakes are on or oil level is low.

What's your opinion of a standard gauge, and will you order it on your next sled?

7s or nothing imo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
I 100% agree! I have a Garmin GPS I've had since forever that I move between sleds. If I want buddy tracking I'd get a Garmin Tread GPS

Give me true, correct, fuel level, RPM and temp in large clear numbers I can see at a quick glance without my reading glasses, (I'm old), and I'll be happy. If they want to give me more that's fine but I won't pay for it.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.

My opinion of the standard gauge is it works well enough for the following: it will give you trouble codes if you carry the documentation to decipher. It works for riding with your smart friends on Doo’s but not for your dumb friends who break off from the group and break down on Cat’s. I can only imagine the person who invented Xanax rode Cat’s.

I will not order it on my next sled. Tracking my buddies on 7S who can ride but have no sense of direction gives me much less anxiety and provides a safety factor. It also gives trouble code data and description so I don’t have to carry a book to decipher a trouble code. Which on the boat anchor is much more of an asset since they are POS in the runnability department and CEL are the norm. It’s no wonder they are standard on the boost.

Having 7S, The only issue now is tracking the Doo’s and Cat’s in the group. But since the Doo riders are good, smart riders based on their purchase and have a sense of direction, I have no anxiety. The Cats on the other hand, we keep the sat phone charged and handy for the heli. Sat phone 7s’ will be the next tech for mountain sleds.

It’s like the heated steering wheel in the truck except with lower expectations of reliability. It’s Polaris.

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
I 100% agree! I have a Garmin GPS I've had since forever that I move between sleds. If I want buddy tracking I'd get a Garmin Tread GPS
Do you know if the Garmin is compatible with Polaris and Trail Tech Buddy Tracking? I did some searching and came up empty.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
The year is 2033. Polaris has drones in all the most dense riding zones delivering warranty P-22 clutches on demand, within minutes of receiving notification of a clutch trouble code.

Seriously though. The sleds are so good now it's just a matter of time before more people who haven't a clue are getting into gnarly places, and need something like the 7S display to tell them where to go. Next step will be goggles with a heads up display and directions/notifications in ear based on waypoints you get as part of a premium riding package. Complete with a rescue notification to get the poor SAR folks notified when bro gets a bit lost or too stuck.

D

DuncanSteel

Banned
Nov 8, 2022
Alaska

Would have got the 7s if it was available but it wasn't so I went trail tech option. I'm the same way as you, I don't ride staring at my gauges I'm always looking for my next move. Far as buddy tracking, trail tech does just fine, and in the summer I can take it off and use it on dirtbikes and atvs. I'm sure ill get one eventually but I wanted my sled the same day instead of months later waiting on a 7s.

IFlyEm

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2008
Temecula, CA
I keep seeing people talking about tracking their friends. Seems like a bit of a false benefit if you ride in the mountains. You need to have cell phone coverage for that to work. Ride command on my phone has been pretty much worthless in regard to seeing my party as soon as I get into the backcountry.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I keep seeing people talking about tracking their friends. Seems like a bit of a false benefit if you ride in the mountains. You need to have cell phone coverage for that to work. Ride command on my phone has been pretty much worthless in regard to seeing my party as soon as I get into the backcountry.
The 7s gauges or the trailtech voyager use gps to track other 7s gauges or trailtech voyagers.

No cell signal needed.

KStrand

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2010
MN
7s to 7s is vehicle to vehicle through gps, no cell service needed. Also A LOT easier to set up group rides this way than other through phones and polaris app.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
What are the chances they will add an S.O.S. feature so it can transmit a signal that any other 7s equipped sled could pick up in the case of a rescue mission being initiated?

Premium Features