• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spokane Area Riders Snow Report for E. Washington N Idaho & W. Montana post 28,869

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
The silicone would probably work. That is what the insulator on normal plug wires is anyway.

As far as pulling sleds, it sounds like you guys tried pulling with 2 sleds side by side? I have read on here a couple times about pulling them in a series works much better. Never seen it done, just reading on here.

Last edited:
nitro, I will put a box on the seat of my forklift....grab it if ya want. I will let my wife know not to blast ya with the shotgun:D

plrmk.....I know you care a bunch about rob and what happened, and that you know how the PL greenies are, don't let them eat at you....that is what they want. I think mark selzer is prolly feeling like an azz about now, and deservingly so.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
So are you going to sit around for a day and let the rtv(What can't spell silicone?) dry? It would be a mess all over in there. And if the wires are heating up and melting duct tape there is still a short some where. The saw winch is a very good tool take it. As long as you have a hook up you can pull that sled out no problem..

It's prett obviuos that granny and the other guy have nothing better to do than look for things to comment on, with out any understanding of what happened at all. It's because there are so many of these type of people that were having so many problems in this world. Like the comedian said there is no cure for stupidity or ignorance. They sound like some lonely old people that have no life other than well you get it.

I usually do not comment on these types of things (Matt) This is just one of those things that happen in our lives, it is sad for many. i have met and Rode with Matt a few times. he has alway been a very nice guy and straight forward to be around, very skilled at what he does on a sled .I hope all goes well for you Matt There are many that want and need you to be around for them as they are for you now.

Last edited:

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Extremely good post Larry. This one and your posts over in general. Your really thinking as you type and making TONS of good sense. Not bad for a sheep lover.....sorry I can't be serious for very long;) But really these avy related posts have been awesome.

B

bigbull

Jan 21, 2005
Spokane, WA
www.bigbullinc.com
Mark Selzer is not only a major asz, but is one of the proponents for the closure that currently exists in Trapper now. He is intelligent, and put that post up to stir up feelings of anger and try and get rash responses from the other side (us) to use it later down the road. I encourage the responses, just think about what you are going to say, read it once or twice after you type it, and if you are married, have your wife read and approve it first, then hit the reply/send button. Without doing that first, I have gotten myself in trouble. :eek:

The Spokesman is a pile, we all know it. Its time is limited.
BB

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Hate to add to the negative vibe that's been lurking here, but Kaitlyn just finished another round on antibiotics yesterday and low and behold she is running fevers again last night and today and throwing up. So if ya could, squeeze her and my wife into some prayers. My wife is getting frazzled, this is going on 3 weeks of crap health for the babe.

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
I wasn't thinking about letting the RTV dry, just getting something of an insulator in between the spark plug wires. For those of you who don't know (I didn't) this Yami has two copper wires inside each insulated spark plug wire and they were arcing against eachother at the plug cap. Once you start to give it throttle and increase the spark, it was getting hot and melting the duct tape. At least that is what we were thinking. Shad, if you can, stop and grab that winch from Greg. We'll try everything we can think of.

B

bigbull

Jan 21, 2005
Spokane, WA
www.bigbullinc.com
Prayer for the little one X.

JOP-Seen the inline pull in action on clint's sled last year. Nitros RT and Hymarks 860, both on nitrous. Wet snow like now. Couldn't get his REV out of bowl we were in. If your sled is in where I think it is, the only way I see that working is with the track on a toboggan or sled of some type. The weight and drag was just too much. And your sled is over 100 lbs. heavier. I would be bringing all options. Good luck with the retrieval, hope use of my trailer helps you rescuers out. It stopped raining, off to work with my sore throat :mad:

BB

O
Dec 2, 2007
Spokane, WA/Bozeman, MT
Good responses on the Spokesman page guys.... 100 to one that azzhat won't have anything left to say.

And yes, the Spokesman has gotten worse and worse recently...you know it's bad when a former employee who wrote for them for 15 years cancels her subscription...sure do miss the fuinnies though, Mom.

J
Dec 15, 2007
Troy, MT
Ya BB! I was kind of thinking once we got on to the Hard pack trail it may Work. The Chain saw winch and the Block and Tackle are gonna be the Ticket. O' Ya, A little Luck would be GREAT!!! ;)

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
pullin

Sleds have come out of Kid before with the pulley system, slow, but works.

Tried the inline double pull, didn't even make it half way out of Kid. Made it just as far pullin tight solo with my turbo, on the edge of out of control the whole way.

If you do try the plastic on the track and sled pull it, be careful, if ya don't make it, that dead sled will want to take the runnin sled back to the bottom with it, pulls alot easier, but if in a tight spot digger in and stick it good.

Good luck fellas, take some pics...

I can get ya that helicopter guy's number if ya want,,,,,,,, $1300 an hour is a bit steep though. Apparantly he says, you sling it, he can pick it and set it right on your trailer for ya......

P

priest lake rmk

Sep 9, 2001
Spokane WA
Mark Selzer is not only a major asz, but is one of the proponents for the closure that currently exists in Trapper now. He is intelligent, and put that post up to stir up feelings of anger and try and get rash responses from the other side (us) to use it later down the road. I encourage the responses, just think about what you are going to say, read it once or twice after you type it, and if you are married, have your wife read and approve it first, then hit the reply/send button. Without doing that first, I have gotten myself in trouble. :eek:

The Spokesman is a pile, we all know it. Its time is limited.
BB

I probably should have not posted after having 20 beers.

I
Jan 12, 2004
Chattaroy Wa
I did not know Rob at all but i felt those comments by Mark weren't right at all...glad that a lot of you guys took to time to say something positive and compasionate about him instead of being an *** like this Mark fellow

How that article was written is the very reason that no one in our family subscribes to the spokanesman review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features