• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spliting truck fuel cost.

N

NosGTSR

Nov 27, 2007
How do you guys split fuel cost for the truck for a day ride?

Last edited:

kahonies

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
mine friends leave me a ten spot or fuel my sled for me. We don't have to trailer to far.

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Depends on the friend.
We trade back and forth on driving or I pay for some of the sled fuel and snacks or we fill the truck up again when we get home and split the bill.

C

classic-indy

Dec 4, 2009
Vancouver, BC. Canada
I alternate paying for fuel with my friends who both have to fly into town. I store the sled for them. When I fill both sleds he fills the truck. Next time round I fill the truck. At the end of the trip we calculate $ spent and over 4-5 trips we have somehow always been within 20 bucks of each other.

MikeMetzger

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2013
Edmonds Wa
If its just a driver and passenger
Passenger $20

Drive and two passengers
$10 each

That keeps it pretty simple and fair around here

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
depends how far where going and if its just sled deck or trailer, how many guys are going, etc.

luckily everyone in our group owns very similar rigs so we all know how much it costs to operate so one guy buys the driver sled gas, the other gets lunch, etc so really driver just handles his overhead for operation that day.

if people dont ever fork over coin to go riding, they stop getting called. or they start being forgotten when we make plans.

DirtdoctorLJ

Lifetime Membership
Mar 10, 2008
Miller, SD 57362
the passengers are usually my sons and their friends and the comedy they provide me is actually overpayment:welcome:...Their is always 20 bucks in the cup holder when everyone is cleaning out their gear.

C

cowboy181d

Nov 1, 2008
Burns oregon
well lets see.... if I go riding with my friends we split truck fuel even. Family I fork the coin out for all six sleds...... even though they all have jobs ( yup I am a sucker, but hey nothing beats family time)

Bowtie496

Lifetime Membership
Jun 7, 2010
Carey, ID
Our main group is pretty disorganized about it, usually someone besides the driver gets all the sled fuel, whoever is left that didn't get the truck fuel or sled fuel will get a meal afterwards, or buy all the snacks/food/beverages for the day....then we also mix up who drives, gets sled fuel etc. It generally works out pretty even.

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
We are real good about alternating tank for tank in the truck. Where it gets dicey is when we bring "that one guy" that as we get close to home say 50 miles out and the truck is going to be EMPTY when it lands at home and its his turn to buy. This guy always grabs his bag and says...."thanks"

This is why I just do not go with these people anymore. The group I have now is real good about this. We generally always fill the guys truck that is driving at the end. After all its his wear and tear.

As for sleds we just split that up on the ride home.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Everyone buys their own sled fuel.
Truck leaves full and once we return, the truck is filled up again.
That cost is spit evenly between everyone who rode along.

eyefish123

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2010
Northern Idaho
We are really lucky, sometimes we go east and sometimes we go west. If we go east my partner drives, if we go west I drive. We don't like riding the same area two days in a row so it is pretty much a 50/50 deal. Both distances are about the same. If we go somewhere further we usually split fuel between all who go. It all seems to work out at the end of the year.

griffin86

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2008
Truck fuel we usually split it evenly. Now since it is my truck and trailer and I drive the whole distance they pay for the fuel.

Guys buy their own fuel. We used to fill up barrels in Hana since it was $.30 a litre cheaper than Revy and then split the cost.

Premium Features