• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spark Plugs

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Whats the advantage to gapping the plugs to 20 thousand over 28 thousands stock ?

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
I was blowing out my spark once I started running boost and gapping the plugs appropriately solved my problem. That's the skinny version explained ha.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
Just to add one more point to all this, you want to try and always run a "solid" tip in a sled motor, NOT the tip that screws on, I've seen tons of cases where the tip either loosens up and creates havoc with the spark, or even threads totally off and there goes that cylinder. If you must use them take a pair of dykes and crimp the terminal in the middle area to secure them

P
Jun 8, 2020
Foul resistant sounds awesome to me, that’s the problem I’m having with the 850, if it gets just a tiny bit wet or an extra squirt of oil they foul. The one difference I noticed was the stock plug bpr9es is a 10kohm plug and the bpr9eya is a 5kohm plug. If the coil is expecting a certain resistance and it’s cut in half wouldn’t that overdrive coil and likely burn it out?

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Foul resistant sounds awesome to me, that’s the problem I’m having with the 850, if it gets just a tiny bit wet or an extra squirt of oil they foul. The one difference I noticed was the stock plug bpr9es is a 10kohm plug and the bpr9eya is a 5kohm plug. If the coil is expecting a certain resistance and it’s cut in half wouldn’t that overdrive coil and likely burn it out?
In 10+ years of running BR9EYAs, have not seen any negative side effects.

Premium Features