• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Some 2013 info to wet the tongue..

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
I can see why they didn't think they were getting the bang for the buck. $2500!!! seems in snowmobiling you can take a set up that should be less than$1000 and put some ridiculous price on it and every guy will be standing in line to spend thier cash:face-icon-small-con

No kidding right? I have come to realize snowmobiling is such a personalized hobby that one guy may say his "Mod" was the greatest thing since sliced bread and another guy is blah about it. I have spent 25 bucks on a set of used clutch weights and felt like I gained way more than the 650 I spent on an exhaust system.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
My plan has been to move to a 13 from my 11 no matter what, and move seat, evol R's, clutches, racks, etc. If the belt drive is true, will be interesting if it's only the Pro's, or across the line of 8's and 6's. More snow, and 2013 will be a terrific year all around.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
No ****ghey Doo rider - like a 2013 Pro. With (as Jman3 stated) grey panels, and a drive belt.

I could never own a Ski-doo, I don't want my money going into the pockets of french *****s.

LOL ..... Who said anything about Doo?
I was referring to how well our 12 PRO works with lower gearing and the hopes that a belt drive would be made to allow lower gearing than the current chaincase.... And hopefully a little more room to clear a 3" without cutting up the sled. As long as this can be done without hurting the handling of the current chassis as that is one of its biggest strengths.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
all you polaris guys don;t stand a chance of getting the new belt drive sleds

there is thousands of the 2012 cat owners that will be snowchecking them ahead of ya...

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
all you polaris guys don;t stand a chance of getting the new belt drive sleds

there is thousands of the 2012 cat owners that will be snowchecking them ahead of ya...
Funny! :smile:

Many sledders will sell their 2011/2012 for the 2013 model. Then sometime in 2013 they will want the 2014. And so on and so on. We are never happy are we.:face-icon-small-ton

André

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Sweden
I hope the change the headlights to LED´s , less weight less power consuming and more space to make a box behind the windshield so there will be possible to dry your gloves or goggles with an easy access, so you dont need to open the sidepanels to get your gloves.

whit LED light and belt drive i am sure they could save much weight on next years sleds.
And they would look better with LED´s :face-icon-small-coo

Last edited:

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I KNOW the 2013s have a belt drive, I rode one last weekend.

It was a HUGE difference in the throttle response over the 12s, which is why (at the time) I figured it was some clutching improvements - when in reality it was a belt drive.

After riding the 2013, three things stood out - it felt very powerful as compared to a 2012/12, it felt very responsive (throttle wise), and it felt very nimble (light).

So where is the brake mounted ? For me that would be a deal braker if they have it on the jacksahft and not the track shaft.

I had a CMX drive and Im pretty sure they mounted the brake on the lower for good reason.

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
It would be cool if this was a bolt on application for the 11s and 12s. I'm pretty sure it would be less than $2500 as it will be a mass produced item. If they do actually increase the track to tunnel clearance then it will obviously not be bolt on but probably adaptable. If it is only about a $1500 - $2000 part to buy then it makes it a tough decision to buy a new one or keep the 12.

Now add more power and it is a no brainer!

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I think you guys should all sell your 11s and 12s that were the best thing since sliced bread for pennies on the dollar and just wait the for 2016s to be released... everything else is a complete waste of time and money and you are NOT going to enjoy riding them cause they are not everything that the next incarnation will be.

Ya, I just went there:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-win:face-icon-small-hap:fish2::bolt:

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I think you guys should all sell your 11s and 12s that were the best thing since sliced bread for pennies on the dollar and just wait the for 2016s to be released... everything else is a complete waste of time and money and you are NOT going to enjoy riding them cause they are not everything that the next incarnation will be.

Ya, I just went there:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-win:face-icon-small-hap:fish2::bolt:

900 blow up ? again! you sound bitter:devil:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
900 blow up ? again! you sound bitter:devil:

LMAO!

Actually the 900 is running great... over 4,000 miles logged on the old girl and it still puts a smile on my face.... but it is just a piece o' crap, RIGHT?:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-hap

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Brake is on trackshaft on cmx. Belts are pretty bomb proof. 5 seasons on mine and no problems. changed a few brake pucks and o rings. The older ones might have lost 10 pounds but not the new ones, the shafts are hollow or drilled. The older ones had some belt trouble but that is long gone. Nobody will know what they are coming with until march. They aren't going to show everyone what they are coming with this early. Wouldn't sell the 12 just yet.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
This thread is the first one I've ever heard the term "trackshaft".

I've always heard jackshaft and driveshaft.

Premium Features