• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

So I am "Considering" buying a new Yamaha 2014 Viper

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Good catch on the image.
MY BAD!
The MTX long track version will not be shipping till next season.
I think we will see it in Feb though when they roll out the 2015 lineup.
For now the 141 is the longest track option they are offering.
Though converting it should be pretty easy...

SR Viper XTX SE

Meet the new king of the crossover food chain. The SR Viper XTX SE produces a devastating blend of razor-sharp handling, terrain versatility, and jaw-dropping performance from the 3-cylinder Genesis engine. And you thought snakes sent shivers down your spine before.

• Track - The 141-inch Camoplast® Cobra® track with 1.6-inch lugs and a three-inch pitch delivers phenomenal bite on and off the trail.
  • Rear Suspension - Dual Shock SR 141 features an air shock combined with aluminum-body HPG shock for maximum control and ride comfort.
  • Front shock package - The Viper XTX SE’s performance-tuned Fox® FLOAT® 2 air shocks up front offer virtually infinite preload settings.
  • Center Grab Strap - The Viper XTX SE sports a tough center grab strap for additional leverage options when the adventure heads into deep snow.
  • Sport windshield - An integrated, aerodynamic design with plenty of air-deflecting ability allows you to feel less wind, and more exhilaration.

profile.png

Christopher the great yamaha prophet. . . Tell us is the viper the sled you have been prophesied about for the last two years?

Also I could see nytrocity for sale once you get the viper long tracked and turboed. My opinion is that you get the viper and give your son the Nytrocity. Rather than boosting his otherwise stock nytro.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Christopher the great yamaha prophet. . . Tell us is the viper the sled you have been prophesied about for the last two years?
At THIS moment I honestly don't know.
I didn't think so last spring, but now I am less certain....

Please understand, there is a WALL between me and SnoWest Magazine when it comes to insight on next year's sleds.

They are VERY careful to make sure I am 100% OUT OF THE LOOP so as NOT to violate any of their Non-Disclosure Agreements with the manufacturers.

That said.
I get a constant stream of information from a wide variety of sources.
Some give me breadcrumbs, others a whole slice and once in a while I get the loaf. The viper has been under development for some time. I caught wind of it last summer with a tip to look at financial transactions and stock sales. That led to the first discussion of a joint venture with Arctic Cat.

All things considered, they do a remarkable job of keeping these new projects under wraps as long as possible.

I am near 100% certain we will see an MTX version of the Viper in Feb at the 2015 rollout. I am NOT certain we will see a new MTX chasis or new 3 cylinder engine.

My feelers are out, and I am listening, but its still early and they are doing their best to keep it all under wraps..:face-icon-small-hap

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
At THIS moment I honestly don't know.
I didn't think so last spring, but now I am less certain....

Please understand, there is a WALL between me and SnoWest Magazine when it comes to insight on next year's sleds.

They are VERY careful to make sure I am 100% OUT OF THE LOOP so as NOT to violate any of their Non-Disclosure Agreements with the manufacturers.

That said.
I get a constant stream of information from a wide variety of sources.
Some give me breadcrumbs, others a whole slice and once in a while I get the loaf. The viper has been under development for some time. I caught wind of it last summer with a tip to look at financial transactions and stock sales. That led to the first discussion of a joint venture with Arctic Cat.

All things considered, they do a remarkable job of keeping these new projects under wraps as long as possible.

I am near 100% certain we will see an MTX version of the Viper in Feb at the 2015 rollout. I am NOT certain we will see a new MTX chasis or new 3 cylinder engine.

My feelers are out, and I am listening, but its still early and they are doing their best to keep it all under wraps..:face-icon-small-hap

I don't think you were wrong. I believe Yamaha saw the trenching issues Cat was having and held off the planned release until the trenching issues and a couple other issues were adressed.

And being a little odd my wish for 2015 would be the Phazer with the old 700 triple in it and long tracked...:face-icon-small-ton

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
The new yami's run the same as the cat skid, so if a guy wants, get some ice age cat rails , new track and tunnel extension.. BAM, you are ready to build a boosted machine ready for serious abuse!

I heard from a reputable source it is not that easy!! If you want a long track wait until next year!!

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
Cooling becomes huge issue!! Lotsa $$$ is what I have been told by the person who would be selling me the XTX! It can be done but not just by throwing a longer skid and track.

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
It's not that difficult. We have 15 Vipers booked for full builds.

That's a lot of track! Looks awesome.

I still don't see why people would be apprehensive about having this new sled. We have lauded Yamaha for their engines forever while at the same time slamming them for their chassis and people are still not happy about this????

I am still going to ride my Nytro for a year or two more but I really like the way things are looking. Hopefully by the time I am ready for another all the promised changes will be here.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
That's a lot of track! Looks awesome.

I still don't see why people would be apprehensive about having this new sled. We have lauded Yamaha for their engines forever while at the same time slamming them for their chassis and people are still not happy about this????

I am still going to ride my Nytro for a year or two more but I really like the way things are looking. Hopefully by the time I am ready for another all the promised changes will be here.
I can see that there are some guys wanting a turn key mountain sled and that is expected.
The mod guys have been waiting for a sled like this for at least a couple years, and they would change the track, tunnel, coolers, and skid anyway. The new Viper is a natural for a highly modded mountain sled.
After running a 15 wide track for an entire season, I would never go back to 16 wide either.

image.jpg

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
I had one all summer making carbon fiber parts for it, if the Arctic Cat has a 153 and 162 then the Viper can have one too. It has all the Arctic Cat parts except for the motor, no different...It will be heavier but should have a ton of torque and HP.

if interested I have a list of carbon fiber parts we are making for this Viper. The parts I have will work on BOTH the A/C and Yamaha, except for head light delete, instrument panel and hood wings, all the same after that..

Looks like a really ice sled..

TJ

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
This is slightly off topic...but does anyone know if the 2014 viper graphics will fit a 2013 M8?

I'm thinking of really blowing some minds this year if they'd would fit. Cruise up on a brand new 2 stoke "yamaha" haha.

Premium Features