• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

snowpulse vest

G-RAD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Anybody that owns the snowpulse vest, how do you feel it vents ? Do you end up getting too hot riding with it on ? I got motorfist gear (rekon shell) and i am happy as far as body temp and ventilation goes so i dont wanna mess that up.

Also is it comfortable for agressive riding or would you have prefered a prime or pro snowpulse pack?

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
It doesn't vent. Last year, my first with the vest, my back was almost always sweaty. your core definitely stays warmer

On one of my last rides it tried changing up my base layers. I wore a super thin layer next to my skin and then a medium weight Morino wool layer and then my Klim or Motorfist jacket. It was better but not as good as a small back pack that I used for many years.

One thing to keep in mind is the SnowPulse Vest does NOT have a leg strap like the backpacks do. An important safety feature in my opinion. I made my own.

Last edited:

G-RAD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2012
Alberta, Canada
O ok I just wear a shell and a thin base layer so it might not be too bad. Any body else wear the snow pulse vest ?

Do you feel the leg strap is really needed? Do you feel it distributes the weight a lot better than the snowpulse highmark pro pack ?

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
I've owned and used both. I prefer the vest. It distributes the weight much better. It also is easier to turn your head since the upper shoulder area is thinner and your helmet doesn't drag on it as much.

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
I have the wary vest and I am sad they went out of business. I will never let this thing go. Vests are way better then packs

G-RAD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Alright you guys got me sold on the vest, do you run the amour kit in yours ? wheres the cheapest place to buy ?

turbo800rmk

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2010
Mandan North Dakota
I had a float 30 and hated it.

I just bought the snow pulse pro highmark. It's awesome! Much better fitting. More ergonomic, Less heavy feeling on the top and on you back. The bag is in the shoulder straps so some of the weight is on your front. Well worth the $1000+ I spent for it.

powdrdaz

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2012
I use the pro high mark and love it. My nephew has the vest. It does distributes the weight better but it covers you from wast to neck so you can't lower zipper to help cool down. One other thing with the vest is in deep powder riding the snow will turn to ice in the buckles that makes it almost impossible to undo. It was funny watching him try to get out of it:)

G-RAD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Well I ordered the snowpulse vest prior to the other posters. Had a email from November with a very good price from blown motor but they wouldn't price match their own ad. Snow big deal was awesome to deal with and they price matched that old ad! Thanks for letting me know about them. I'm wondering how it's gonna feel on with the beacon in place but I'll figure that out.

Another question has anybody used that manual pump off amazon to fill there snow pulse cylinders ?

Benjamin High Pressure Hand Pump https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00460IFPW/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_lY0Nub0E68862

I seen someone had mentioned IT on snowest some where but I can't find that post anymore.

image.jpg

Last edited:

G-RAD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2012
Alberta, Canada
It feels good on empty and im sure it'll be great once it's full. Feels like a quality pack. I ordered the amour as well.

Had to post a pic..... It's gonna look good with the new iron

S
Mar 9, 2011
Do not attempt to use a hand pump to fill your Snowpulse cylinder! It is very important to use Dry Compressed Air... The same thing you find in a SCUBA tank. If the air is not properly dried, you can cause rusting issues inside your cylinder and also potential freezing issues. 3000 psi is quite a bit of pressure and I don't think a hand pump would ever get your cylinder filled properly in the first place.

S
Mar 9, 2011
The vest is definitely the comfiest pack to ride with, but it is QUITE a bit warmer! It is a full layer over your core so it is important to layer down appropriately. There is a pocket on the left shoulder that is designed to hold your transceiver seeing as it is extremely uncomfortable (not to mention hazardous to your ribs) to wear it under your jacket on your chest.

Premium Features