• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BCA's new FLOAT™ E2 MTNPRO AIRBAG VEST 2024

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

Just saw this went public this morning.​

BCA FLOAT™ E2 MTNPRO AIRBAG VEST 2024

The Float E2 MTNPRO Vest is our dedicated sled-specific vest for mountain snowmobiling.​

• float e2 mtnpro vest 15l C2313002 1
  • float e2 mtnpro vest 15l C2313002 2
  • float e2 mtnpro vest 15l C2313002 3
  • float e2 mtnpro vest 15l C2313002 4
  • float e2 mtnpro vest 15l C2313002 5
  • float e2 mtnpro vest 15l C2313002 6
  • float e2 mtnpro vest 15l C2313002 7
  • float e2 mtnpro vest 15l C2313002 8
  • float e2 mtnpro vest 15l C2313002 9
  • float e2 mtnpro vest 15l C2313002 10
  • float e2 mtnpro vest 15l C2313002 11
  • float e2 mtnpro vest 15l C2313002 12
  • float e2 mtnpro vest 15l C2313002 13
  • float e2 mtnpro vest 15l C2313002 14

BCA FLOAT™ E2 MTNPRO AIRBAG VEST 2024​

The Float E2 MTNPRO Vest is our dedicated sled-specific vest for mountain snowmobiling.​

$974.97
$1,499.95​

Select Size
ADD TO CART
VIDEODESCRIPTIONFEATURESSPECSRESOURCES

DESCRIPTION​

Designed for high-performance mountain riding, the Float E2 MtnPro Vest offers full protection to the chest, ribs, and back – and now includes our Float E2 airbag system.

Our new Float E2 MTNPRO airbag vest uses an Alpride supercapacitor to store energy that powers the compressor upon deployment. Supercapacitors store and release energy based on magnetic energy rather than chemical reaction: This means their performance is much more reliable in cold temperatures. For the same reason, the energy stored in a supercapacitor releases faster when it’s activated for deployment.

The E2 Float MTNPRO Vest is our dedicated sled-specific airbag vest for mountain snowmobiling. Gearing up is easy with this all-in-one, lightweight breathable protective vest featuring built-in integration for a Tracker avalanche transceiver and BC Link radio. Other features include integrated low profile pack to carry avalanche gear and a few other essentials. Full front, side and back protection with 1mm of hard shell ABS sandwiched between two layers of PE foam. Oval “ergo” trigger is less likely to snag on trees than round or T-shaped handles.

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
I'd also prefer the pockets on the BCA (Duffy once claimed on this forum that he rode such tight trees that he couldn't have big pockets on his vest, so maybe that's worth considering, and a nod towards the Klim). I like the vest to distribute the load better than a backpack, and the Klim looks more like a backpack with chest protection and a beacon pocket. But the BCA weighs 8lbs total and the Klim is only 6.5lbs - according to each manufacturer. I wonder what the real word weights are, and how each one distributes it.

FWIW, Dakine and Mammut both have compressed air vests that weigh 4.5lbs total, and Highmark has one that's just under 7lbs. Compressed air has some real disadvantages compared to the battery systems, but they're still viable products and worth comparison to the BCA and Klim.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I'd also prefer the pockets on the BCA (Duffy once claimed on this forum that he rode such tight trees that he couldn't have big pockets on his vest, so maybe that's worth considering, and a nod towards the Klim). I like the vest to distribute the load better than a backpack, and the Klim looks more like a backpack with chest protection and a beacon pocket. But the BCA weighs 8lbs total and the Klim is only 6.5lbs - according to each manufacturer. I wonder what the real word weights are, and how each one distributes it.

FWIW, Dakine and Mammut both have compressed air vests that weigh 4.5lbs total, and Highmark has one that's just under 7lbs. Compressed air has some real disadvantages compared to the battery systems, but they're still viable products and worth comparison to the BCA and Klim.
Unfortunately I have not yet had my hands on the new KLIM unit.
So I can't offer you any first hand experience with it.
I absolutely LOVE the BCA and have 3 of their units right now, and plan on adding this new one as the 4th.

But
I am also a KLIM poster child and generally LOVE all of their gear.
So I am eager to get my hands on one and OPEN IT UP.
Shame neither of these companies posts photos of the units FULLY UNZIPPED.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I have two of the BCA 2.0 units, but I will definitely be checking out these two.

Wanna get my hands on the KLIM Atlas AND the BCA E2 Mtn Pro Vest.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I tried one on at the Idaho Snow Show. I think it was SnoBigDeal that was the booth at the show. Very nice vest!!

Overpriced by a several hundo, but if this is what you are looking for, what does the price matter? :)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
One comment about the new

BCA FLOAT™ E2 MTNPRO AIRBAG VEST 2024​

They run ONE SIZE SMALLER than the last several years!

Whereas I have worn a MEDIUM/LARGE for the last 5 years, this new one required an X-Large/XX-Large for the same fit.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I tried on the BCA in size M/L and it fit great. I wear a Large shirt. I believe this pack could adjust up to an XL. Now, if someone wears a thicker jacket, this might be a factor that changes the fitment a bit. I just wear base, and mid layers, with a shell jacket.

Those little velcro things on the adjuster straps on the sides and crotch strap are pretty unique. Keeps them rolled up nicely so no flapping when riding, or forming a snowball on the the ends.

The way it opens to get to the on/off switch is not that convenient but doable. Klim Atlas is better in this regard.

Does not appear to come with a charging cable like the Atlas.

The 2 outer pockets and the stash pocket at the low back are very well thought out. WAY better than the Klim atlas here.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I tried on the BCA in size M/L and it fit great. I wear a Large shirt. I believe this pack could adjust up to an XL.
I got the new pack a week or so ago.
Tried it on and it did NOT fit like my previous two BCA MtnPro Vests.
Contacted BCA and they are the ones that told me this year's vest seems to be running 1 size in FIT smaller than before and asked me to return the vest to them for exchange for 1 size larger.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Good info on the sizing. I don't have anything to compare from previous years, as I have always worn KLIM avy packs. They do seem very adjustable, and the design (with outer pockets) is a step above the Klim Atlas. Access to the on/of switch is a bit of an issue, but still a well designed pack. I can see why you went with this one. Between the Atlas and the BCA pack, this would probably be my choice as well.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Good info on the sizing. I don't have anything to compare from previous years, as I have always worn KLIM avy packs. They do seem very adjustable, and the design (with outer pockets) is a step above the Klim Atlas. Access to the on/of switch is a bit of an issue, but still a well designed pack. I can see why you went with this one. Between the Atlas and the BCA pack, this would probably be my choice as well.
The issue with Power-On and Power-Off is a real issue for both the BCA and for KLIM both.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
The issue with Power-On and Power-Off is a real issue for both the BCA and for KLIM both.
Agreed! I noticed that the Klim zips down on the E2 side about 3" farther and that helps alot! But the PIEPS i had before had the on/off button on the end of the pull handle - that was great :) Oh well, they will probably do an "updated" one in a few years . . hopefully.

BTW . . . Did your BCA come with a charger cord?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Agreed! I noticed that the Klim zips down on the E2 side about 3" farther and that helps alot! But the PIEPS i had before had the on/off button on the end of the pull handle - that was great :) Oh well, they will probably do an "updated" one in a few years . . hopefully.

BTW . . . Did your BCA come with a charger cord?
Yes I am pretty sure it did.

J
Dec 15, 2008
Orofino, Id
How is storage in the new vest? Listed at 15L, but is it useable? Seems my original BCA vest was listed at 12Lbut not very usable. Would a mid layer like a 509 synthetic jacket fit in the stash pocket? Then any decent main body storage for first aid kit etc? Definitely looking at upgrading as I like my original vest over my Ortovox backpack for fit.

titus_4

Doo It Big
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 27, 2019
Indiana
I got the new pack a week or so ago.
Tried it on and it did NOT fit like my previous two BCA MtnPro Vests.
Contacted BCA and they are the ones that told me this year's vest seems to be running 1 size in FIT smaller than before and asked me to return the vest to them for exchange for 1 size larger.
So you ended up with the XL-2XL? How big are you? Trying to find sizing info on both the Klim and BCA. Any pics of the inside of your BCA? Haven't seen any. Or link if you did a post. I've been back and forth on so many lol

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So you ended up with the XL-2XL? How big are you? Trying to find sizing info on both the Klim and BCA. Any pics of the inside of your BCA? Haven't seen any. Or link if you did a post. I've been back and forth on so many lol
6ft
205lbs

Premium Features